Playing Mass Effect on PC.....

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Potarto, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

And my game glitched out. Decided to take the opportunity to record some footage and make a short video. Hope it turned out alright. Lemme know what you guys think, I always welcome critique.

[youtube]bZMOlunrlik[/youtube]

2. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

I laughed a little for the short segment starting at 00:59. :)

3. Potarto

Cool, thanks.

4. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

quite a funny little video, :) what was happening to the game everything looked all black

5. Potarto

Thanks. Apparently it's an issue having to do with AMD's choice to not build their latest two generations of CPU's in a way that's compatible with some older 3d rendering instructions. From what I read, it happens only on two levels in the game, and has something to do with the way the game caches lighting data for those areas. The only fix that anybody seems to have found is to turn off lighting for those buggy areas, which....looks interesting.

6. I see your Mass Effect content, and raise you a couple vids of mine:

[youtube]Ou4hV8oeWlA[/youtube]

[youtube]F9NvLmnjPPw[/youtube]

7. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Nice editing Potarto - a cool short vid with a bizarre, yet entertaining to watch, bug. I experienced a somewhat similar problem when I played Mass Effect for the first time years ago, where (during one of the missions that had a Mako segment in it) a large section of the ground was completely black. Made me feel nostalgic watching this. :lol: Your vids are good as well Komodo, though I noticed that in the second one you added captions for Liara and Wrex - during the Mako spinning - when only Garrus and Tali were with Shepard in the vehicle at that time. :p I'm amazed at the amount of bugs I've missed during my playthroughs of the game after watching that second vid of yours (I remember only the texture glitch I mentioned earlier and that one time when I fell through the ground on Eden Prime). :lol: I'm wondering... were the Mass Effect games dubbed in Russian as well? They were dubbed in Polish (though I played the English versions), so I figure they must have dubbed the Russian version as well.

8. Potarto

Thanks, Bamul.

And nice, Komo. Is the first one just a music dub, or a timing edit too?

And the second one's pretty neat. Got a chuckle out of the repeated salute and the ragdoll physics.

9. No editing at all, here is the original and mine side by side for comparison:

[YOUTUBE]IJvrN6JijuU[/YOUTUBE] [youtube]Ou4hV8oeWlA[/youtube]

10. Potarto