Play Style

Discussion in 'PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds' started by kingcool52, Jul 29, 2017.

1. kingcool52

kingcool52 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Everyone has their own play style but they all can basically be summarised to two very different play styles - aggressive and a passive play style. With an aggressive play style, players tend to go out all attack and tend to just try and find as many players as they can to kill with the aim of winning by ending everyone else. But with a passive play style, players tend to hide and wait around with other players killing each other. They only move when they have to and try to avoid gun battles as much as possible. Which play style do you prefer? Or do you like to switch it depending on the match?

2. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think that I have a little bit of both, but if I lean one way it is certainly more towards the passive. I like to explore and see around versus walk around a kill things, although there is a time for that too.

3. kingcool52

kingcool52 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yeah. That's like my friend, to be honest. He prefers to play a passive play style but that's most likely because he's not amazing at shooting yet. His aim and accuracy is a bit dodgy especially during intensive battles so he doesn't like to get into too many gun battles. I remember him telling me about one game where he hid inside a building with a shotgun and won. He only really had to start killing people near the end :D

4. KloeRinz

KloeRinz Active Member
    Regular

It's definitely a patient and wait-it-out style for me. I don't like rushing in, it's too risky in my opinion. But, it's also bad to just hide somewhere and expect your teammates to do everything for you. Defensive aggression is what's good for me.

5. jakub1

jakub1 Well-Known Member
    Regular

My playstyle depends entirely on the game, i usually rush and try to get as many kills as possible in RPG games.

6. overcast

overcast Well-Known Member
    Regular

I can be mix of the two styles. I mean some of the time I prefer to be aggressive.And some of the time I prefer to play the passive type. And it often depends on the game condition too. Sometimes you have to adapt to what is around. So mixed style it is for me. That seems to be something that is working out for me.

7. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I play very passive. I like to take my time to get items, scout areas in a much thorough way and play with a little bit more caution rather than going all in at the first sight of the enemy. It's not always the best play style but I like it.

8. jakub1

jakub1 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm the same when it comes to exploring and getting to know and understand the game better.

9. Haroon

Haroon Active Member
    Regular

Usually my style depends on the movement of my enemies.I like to use both style to defeat my many enemies.I just wait for the right time to use one of style from them.I think so that this kind of behavior is very accurate for me to hit more and more enemies.

10. jakub1

jakub1 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I agree, playing to the enemy's position is a good strategy.

11. KloeRinz

KloeRinz Active Member
    Regular

Of course. Adaptiveness is just as or even more important than planning. One must be a quick thinker when playing.

12. overcast

overcast Well-Known Member
    Regular

I too like to take some time and get the weapons. Though in some cases you can see that it may not work out for many of us. And it just adds on some serious level of issue as well. On that context you can see that it's good enough to play with some efforts.

13. Meeseeks

Meeseeks Member
    Regular

If you want to win, camp/avoid fights, and only engage when you have to or at the end. But I got to admit that is kind of boring

14. Itsmenermin

Itsmenermin Well-Known Member
    Regular

I agree. And it won't be challenging anymore which we want to avoid to happen. What was the purpose of playing games, if we are getting bored as well?

15. EfficientNinja

EfficientNinja Well-Known Member
    Regular

I like to play aggressively at the start of my gaming session because it serves as a warm-up for that session. After that, I try to play passively or safely because it has a higher chance of winning if I only meet and engage fewer people. If I play with a squad, I just follow their strategy.

16. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

I try to parachute as far from others as possible. Then I try gathering equipment and avoiding direct confrontation as much as possible until the end of the match.
    That's the strategy that works best for me. I found that trying to parachute into high player concentration areas leads to a lot of annoying deaths.

17. dionnextherese

dionnextherese Well-Known Member
    Regular

I switch different styles of playing depending on the match or my mood.

18. mastro

mastro Well-Known Member
    Regular

I love gun battles so I guess I'm more of an aggressive player. At first I used keep it to myself and wait for other players to kill each other. But nowadays I'm the one who's always doing the killing or being taken out.

19. Itsmenermin

Regular

I see.

20. Itsmenermin

Regular

I agree with this statement.