Planning on making a short novel

Discussion in 'Books & Comics' started by Shurfire, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Shurfire

Shurfire Well-Known Member

Okay I've come up with what I need. I am going to create the story based on a team of 6 rangers going through the metro trying to get into university. It is done in first person through the eyes of Andrew. A newly recruited ranger.

I could use the money so I'm going to sell the e-book for $5, BUT since I love you guys EVERYONE here gets a free copy!!! I'm going to put up a kickstarter to get some pre-orders. I'll be working on the book as soon as it goes up. If I find out even one of you pledges I'm going to find out where you live and shove that money down your throat...

Here is a small batch of what is to come:

"Open up damn it! We're going to get eaten alive out here!" yelled Sergei. His face dripping with sweat as he pounds the door with a near by brick. This was the first time I've ever seent he veteran Ranger like this.

"Sergei its no use!" said Anton, "No one is behind that door. The Brahman was wrong. Lets not go out like cowards smashing at a door. Lets show these bastards how real men fight!" he yelled raising his fist into the air. His short speech filled us with visions of dying in a blaze of glory. We all turned around and raised our rifles. I turned on my night vision now that I was looking away from the dim light hanging above the door.

"I see 8 no 9 in the front and about 10 right behind them. Looks like they're going to hit us in waves" I said. raising my rifle, pointing it at the mutant ahead of the pack.

"Fire!" cried Anton firing his Kalashnikov like a mad man. I guess when you're about to die there's no need to make every shot count. After we all ran out of ammunition in our magazine only then did we realize that the second wave was already mobilizing.

"Andrew and Viktor use your side arms. Everyone else reload your rifles hurry! I don't want to die after only the first wave!" yelled Anton. I quickly dropped my rifle and pulled my side arm from its holster. I started to open fire, knowing my pistol doesn't hold much ammunition in the clip I made sure every shot hit. After the fifth shot I heard something. It sounded as if someone was bending old rusted metal. No it can't be, we already tried...but it was! I turned around to see the sealed door wide open with four heavily armored soldiers. Their entire suit was shining from top to bottom, but what I saw surprised me. On the front of their helmets was the five pointed star.

#1 Shurfire, Feb 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2013
  2. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

What about a daring expedition to "university station"... Or even St. Petersburg metro...

3. Shurfire

I've been thinking about that. Also the Rangers could be forced to enter the Kremlin and find out why no one ever leaves. I've got some ideas for that.

4. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Try it - it's a shitload of work once you decide to roll with a novel that has at least 200 pages, but the satisfaction is awesome and if you ever liked using your imagination to create stuff, then there are few things that can make better use of that other than the process of writing a book.

Just remember: books with the fewest (but the most meaningful and well-crafted) combat sections are usually the most immersive and hard-to-put-down ones. When your story has few fight scenes, then the ones that do appear seem all the more shocking and exciting to the reader. ;)

5. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

I am writing a novel as well. Not a metro one though. More a la carte crysis.

6. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

That would be an interesting read. A series like Crysis could use more development in the story department, even if it's unofficial stuff.

7. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

It's not in that series either but more similar to that and stalker than metro. Get my drift?

8. Shurfire

Well there will be some shoot outs but not many in my story (If I go with the Rangers) but at the end I want to have a huge final fight. I want the Rangers to go out like Rangers. Like how 2033 ended with the large battle which killed pretty much all of the Rangers.

9. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Yeah, I get you. That sounds even more interesting. :)
    You could always have a twist at the ending that dramatically changes everything. ;)

10. Shurfire

Two of the Rangers were secretly gay lovers and the commander was a schizophrenic and jumped off a building?

11. BORIS13

BORIS13 Well-Known Member

yeah i like the idea of going to university or st petersburg. Because since we dont really know too much about it. you can use your imagination to really create the world.

My idea. Have something related to undercover work. I like the idea with the Hansa squad. Maybe something like a Polis agent goes to the outskirts of town to find something. Or someone. Maybe a "Nazi" hitman ordered to assassinate someone, and ends up traveling to the edges of Moscow to find the person. Etc. etc.

Good luck. :) And id def check it out if u ever post it.

12. Shurfire

Yes you reminded me of University. How about a Brahmin member finds a way into University and gets some Rangers to come along?

13. I Hate Lurkers

I Hate Lurkers Well-Known Member

You guys are stealing my thoughts for my head. I was planning to drop out of the roleplay for a while and have my character study in the university. I hate you guys so much.

14. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

actually Boris did that when he first joined the rp a longgggggggggg time ago. (yeah I've read the entire roleplay)

15. I Hate Lurkers

-_- I don't want to live on this planet anymore. All the good ideas are taken.

16. Shurfire

The butt hurt is strong in this one.

17. I Hate Lurkers

Yep, I've got a hemorrhoid.

18. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

I tried to read the entire roleplay before I first joined a long, long time ago but never got past page 30, I just didn't have the time. If I tried again it wouldn't be to hard since I joined in the third roleplay thread, but yeah...

19. Shurfire

20. GoodLordApollo

GoodLordApollo The Courier

I like how some of your characters have similar names to the ones in the Role Play. I quite like it, it reminds me of the RP as much as I'd like it to.

Someone should make a novel based on the RolePlay.