Picked up this game last night. Is it worth making two of every class for the story?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: The Old Republic' started by Rocketman, Dec 23, 2013.

1. Rocketman

Rocketman Well-Known Member

So I got this game last night, dropped 5 bucks for preferred status, and rolled a republican jedi. I was just wondering if it's worth making one for the imperial side as well. Is the story different enough to justify having 2 of each of the 4 classes?

2. pr0xx1d

pr0xx1d Well-Known Member

I'd say so. Some people like to make one of each faction and others don't. I personally never did.

3. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

I never did that I would only do that if you have the time also it can make the game extremely repetitive and can become boring , but if you think you can do it without losing interest I would say good luck!

4. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Well-Known Member

Personally I find the Sith Story better. The Jedi one just seems so.. happy.. The Sith one seems to have more emotion to me.

5. Rocketman

Rocketman Well-Known Member

I've been trying to play dark side Jedi but Bioware's writing makes it really difficult to do without feeling terrible. I wanted to be more of an antihero who kills bad guys instead of sparing them, but the game forces me to be an asshole by screwing over innocent people. I wish they would let you be neutral but there's no special gear for neutral orientation.

6. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Well-Known Member

Dark Side Jedi is just being a jerk really. Sith Lightside is more interesting.. especially warrior lightside.

7. tinybutnotfangless

tinybutnotfangless Well-Known Member
    Regular

The game feels like a single player game shoved into a massive multiplayer online environment. So it would probably be pretty interesting to play most classes from two different perspectives.

8. dinomarino1

dinomarino1 Well-Known Member

i'd say do it to experience as much of the story as possible. it is a story drive game and you would be missing a huge part if you only played as one character.