Picked up LA Noire for PC

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Potarto, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

Was wondering why performance felt so choppy, considering it looks kinda shitty and I have two 660 ti's. Double checked Nvidia Control Panel to make sure SLI was enabled. Went on Google to make sure the game has SLI profiles, and it does. Enabled Fraps, and....

30 FPS? Well, maybe there's some shitty Vsync thing going on like with Ubisoft's games. Nope, no Vsync setting. Google LA Noire 30 FPS, and...

Yeah, that's by design. You can download mods to fix this, but it apparently fucks up the game, causing issues with the facial animations, stuttering, and crashing.

I 100% understand now why PC players hate Rockstar. What in the actual fuck.

2. That's because the characters' heads are not animated models but actual 3D scans that were filmed at 30 FPS. You can't really do anything about that.

[YOUTUBE]ZY7RYCsE9KQ[/YOUTUBE]

3. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

Thats actually a really cool way to film faces :D

4. Yeah, it's way too much effort and the company behind the game fell apart, so we are probably never going to see anything like that

5. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

Interesting, I did notice that it did seem almost more like an animated texture map in some points than actual skeletons. At least they seem to have learned some things from it, the facial animations in GTA V were pretty top notch.