Phobias

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic!' started by jbeavis100, Aug 16, 2014.

1. daredevil

daredevil Well-Known Member
    Regular

Good thing you can hear your roaches, ours creep up to us without us even knowing it. It's their smell that gives them away.

Hahahaha! You're just like my sister! She hates roaches to the bone and would kill any one she sees. She even kills them with passion and swearing at times. Lol.

2. Working Buck

Working Buck Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm afraid of needles so getting a vaccine is a lot scary for me. Aside from that, I am so afraid of heights. I mean, being there on the 3rd floor of a building isn't scary for me, as long as I don't look below. Nut I guess three floors is too high, funny thing is, I'm even afraid to climb up a ladder. I'll take two steps and then I would shake a lot.

3. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

I tend to have phobia for heights. I remember years back when I do a little of mountain climbing I always don't like looking down often while I climb because I'll be terrified how far I have gone above ground level.

4. ptahm22

ptahm22 Active Member
    Regular

I'm afraid of darkness, Nyctophobia according to scientists. I even sleep with the lights on since darkness freaks me out.

5. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yes this is one phobia I have too. In the darkness there is too much of uncertainty.

6. Belovedad

Belovedad Well-Known Member
    Regular

I have a phobia of cockroaches due to a horrifying experience where I discovered hundreds of them at once. I'm also afraid of heights which is odd because I enjoyed high places and jumping off them but I think it's because I watched documentary on the 9/11 incident.

7. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

I do that a lot too I use water a lot especially at the washroom. If I use my hands to do any work I must ensure they are thoroughly washed. Same applies to my mouth at every meal or after staying for sometime I make sure to wash them. This is not like a phobia thing to me but for health reasons.

8. Blader70

Blader70 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I use to have a fear of dogs but eventually got over it. However, I always had a fear of spiders and still do to this day.

9. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

I wasn't having any fear for dog before since I learned that no matter how hard a dog barks if you don't run they will never pursue or bite you. I started having phobia for them when I saw a video of someone who started barking like a dog after suffering dog bite.