Quantcast

Phantasy Star Online 2 - PC

Discussion in 'Phantasy Star' started by xlzqwerty1, Nov 4, 2013.

1. xlzqwerty1

xlzqwerty1 Well-Known Member

Anyone excited for Phantasy Star Online 2 to come out for PC in North America?
    I'm pretty sure it came out for Japan already and has some third-party english patches for the game, not sure if any of you have tried it.

I'm definitely going to play this game with my friends if and when it goes out for an official North-American English release.

2. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

It's been a long time since I played any Phantasy Star game if I remember they are very fun and addicting chances are I will be playing the game, but if their is a monthly fee I will pass I don't have the extra money.

3. Rowro

Rowro Active Member

I'm not to excited for the NA release. Sega Team has a bad reputation with NA releases. Every single NA Phantasy Star game has been neglected compared to the JP version which gets updates and events much more frequently.

I'm definitely excited to play the game. I havent downloaded it yet but I actually think I might after seeing this post.

4. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Well-Known Member

I played on JP server for awhile but eng patching every week and sometimes twice was a bit irritating since I wanted to just pop on and pop off as I pleased. That was clearly not an option so I quit.

5. llllllllllllllllllll

llllllllllllllllllll Well-Known Member

This is the MMO I have been patiently waiting for ever since its release in Japan, and even considered playing in the Japanese server, but the thing that is holding me from doing so is the issue with purchasing premiums and the fact that only old contents are translated in the English patch, so newly released contents are in Japanese and may take some time for the English patch to be updated with the new contents as jbeavis100 mentioned.

Good thing the game will be released here in Southeast Asia (courtesy of Asiasoft) and is projected to launch in the first quarter this year. :) I hope there won't be an IP block so you guys can play with us. As they always say, the more the merrier. :D

6. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Well-Known Member

Same here. Usually when they do a general asia release it comes out in english so I'm hoping they don't IP block. They didn't IP block the JP servers...

7. llllllllllllllllllll

llllllllllllllllllll Well-Known Member

Yep, it should be in English as its target are English speaking nations in Asia such as Singapore and the Philippines, though don't expect the English to be perfect as you might see some grammar lapses here and there (yeah, I'm looking at your crappy English, Dragon Nest SEA). I mean they could at least have some native English speakers to proof read everything before releasing the contents, ya know.

8. Shimus

Shimus Well-Known Member

This. Only I did not have patches half of the time. I had to match the hiragana and katakana against what romaji I knew to figure out stats. It was still fun. PSO2 was worth every second I devoted into it. I played a Rocket Launcher Ranger half the time though. Had a mega good launcher, and I was so good at aiming splash damage I farmed maps and quests by myself most of the time. Until the Japanese kicked/banned most if not all foreign IPs from connecting.

Very fun game. Would still love to see them localize it, even if horribly.

9. Kittyworker

Kittyworker Well-Known Member

I tried to play the game. I loved the 2 games that were released on PSP. The poor english patches (not really blaming the translators, its difficult to patch a game that recieves as much new content as PSO2) and indirection because of it left me feeling a bit bitter towards the game. Maybe if they ever release a proper english version I will return to play it, but if not I think I've pretty much seen the end of my Phantasy Star days. Sega doesn't seem to want to release anymore games in the US.

10. RingoBerry

RingoBerry Active Member

SEA server here (Ship2). I've been away from the game for about half a year. Aside from Sky Map, are there any other interesting updates on the game? If you're playing on the same server lemme know :)

11. Shimus

Shimus Well-Known Member

Not sure. But I'd love to play with some people again, on the same ship. Too bad my Sega ID got discontinued/IP banned when they locked down on some of their ships letting outside people in. Since then I dropped the game and I heard it's blossomed beautifully. And I missed it.

I still love their music.

12. gadin210

gadin210 Well-Known Member

It needs to come out now!! I love that game and I cannot wait to play the 2nd one. It needs to come to console to get some more love!

13. Shimus

Shimus Well-Known Member

The game is amazing. The world envelopes you, and the classes/pet systems are immersive. I loved it, and I just hope the port happens..

Sometime..

Maybe.

14. Jesse93

Jesse93 Member

I remember trying to play an English patch of this awhile ago when it first came out, but it wouldn't work on my computer. I have a new computer now and I'm sure the game has improved since then. Maybe I'll give it another try.

15. Shimus

Shimus Well-Known Member

It was a very good game. I was just caught up when sega banned a lot of foreign IPS (being in the NA area I was affected). A bunch of my friends got cut off from their servers too. I just wish they woulda held true on their word of an NA port, and not push push push like they always do.

That being said, the music still is in my head. I remember reading almost all of that stuff before the English patch and having to puzzle out what meant what when equipping. Rocket Launcher Rangers were OP. Chain CC and AOE together should be a crime. Solo'd many a boss.

16. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Well-Known Member Regular

Here we are, 2 (or more, I'm not sure) years after Asia launch and still no globalization for the game. Let's be fair, SEGA has given up on the western markets, and I think that they will soon commit business harakiri if they continue like this. This is absolutely outrageous.

17. Shimus

Shimus Well-Known Member

Maybe we should offer them the knife now instead of later? And stand ready with a sword. It's the honorable thing to do, no?

That being said, even Sega knows they neglect the western markets. I think it's because of "We're against outsiders" or maybe they simply don't have the manpower/studio/workers to handle another foreign market. Whatever the case is, they need to mend it or they will die as a business. Your own people will only sustain you so long before even they get sick of you.

18. zephyrain

zephyrain Member

I've been playing it for weeks and its been great so far, but having to use a proxy to play on the jp server has given me trouble ever since its started giving me a hard time with lags, with or without emergency quests. Despite not releasing in the west, it hasn't been so bad when I started playing using the dedicated proxy server affiliated with the english community's patcher thing. I've logged in like 400hrs already in it, and I hope I could continue to do so after I get my thing fixed. >_>