Quantcast

Persona 4 Arena

Discussion in 'Persona 5 Royal' started by Narukami, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Narukami

Narukami Well-Known Member Regular

So anybody else love to take a break from all the RPGing of the Persona series with some fun fighting games? Because I love both RPGs and fighting games so when P4A was announced it was like... a godsent game.

I've been playing that game for a while (I keep trying to beat Score Attack which is ridiculously cheap and I hate it at times) and I've even been to a local tournament once (8-man tournament, placed 3rd... not too bad, specially considering I was using a PS3 controller and I play on 360! Not used to it).

I main Teddie and I sub Kanji and Elizabeth, though I've rarely played Elizabeth lately. I'm really looking forward to Persona 4 The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold (aka P4U2) and the new characters. Junpei in particular looks fun as hell to play and I will most likely be rolling with Teddie, Kanji and Junpei as my new team, haha.

Sadly, I don't play online. My connection sucks but other than I play on 360 and don't feel like wasting money paying for Xbox Live Gold... but if any of you out here do play and want to meet other fights, share your PSN ID or Gamertag!

2. CeliVega

CeliVega Well-Known Member

Great news if you love both fighting games and Persona. There's a sequel coming out, "P4: The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold". I swear to god that's a real title :p
    http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Persona_4:_The_Ultimax_Ultra_Suplex_Hold

I don't think we need to worry about localization though, Persona is very popular over here. It's just a matter of how long it will take for the localization to get here.

3. CeliVega

A little update on Persona 4 Arena Ultimax:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persona_4_Arena_Ultimax

The japanese console version will be released on August 28 2014, while the english version is still listed as Q3/Q4 2014.
    As long as we are getting the english version THIS year......
    I wonder how many new characters will join the battle?

4. Narukami

Yeah and it's also coming out on Xbox 360, not a PS3-exclusive like it was announced at the start.

I wonder if the Xbox 360 version will be released in Japan or not. I have a friend who imports JP games for his 360 so if it is released for 360 on Japan then I can go to his place and get some early gameplay on.

Also, there was a rumor a while ago based on a retailer's description of the game. The retailer mentioned that Ken Amada from P3 (I hated that kid, urgh) and Rise Kujikawa from P4 are playable characters. Rise has been officially confirmed so I would guess that Ken is also playable but hasn't been revealed yet (I hate his character but his spear could lend itself to an interesting fighting style).

Maybe Adachi will be playable too? It's been rumoured but I still think that, sadly, Adachi will only be an NPC in the story and nothing more...

Still, the game is looking so beastly. There is actually so much new content in this version that it makes the original P4A look incomplete.

5. CeliVega

Rise is in?!
    Nice~~~
    Now the entire Investigation crew is available!
    Ken is in as well? I am not that fond of him in P3, but maybe they can make him a great moveset and change my mind......

Adachi being playable would be nice, I never guess he would be one of the major villain in P4! That's a great plot twist right there.

6. Narukami

Ken has not been confirmed yet but the same "leak" from a retailer that mentioned Rise also mentioned Ken. Since Rise got confirmed, it makes sense to assume that Ken is in the game too.

Anyway, an update. The game is now available for pre-order in America. I just got an e-mail about it. Their website has more info: http://www.atlus.com/p4au/purchase.html

The newsletter also hinted that the game would be shown at E3 and that they would talk about pre-order items later. I am going to assume that Ken will be confirmed at E3 and hopefully Adachi will be announced too, I really want him to be playable.

7. Narukami

8. Narukami

Sorry for the now triple post but a new post instead of edits brings more visibility to the updates...

Anyway, there's now a scan showing what Ken and Koromaru look like in P4AU. Koromaru is wearing Ken's old hoodie and Ken is just wearing the regular Gekkoukan uniform and the Disciplinary Committee's yellow armband. Ken also looks like if he is Yukari's younger sister!

Here's the scan: http://i.imgur.com/ra2my4e.jpg

9. Narukami

Yet another post but this is yet another big update!

This has spoilers for PERSONA 4.You have been warned: Adachi has been confirmed playable, however he will be a DLC character. He will be included with the first pressing of the game so he might be a pre-order bonus in the west. His persona is the same, Magatsu Izanagi. He gets his own story mode called "Episode Adachi".

Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2014/06/03/adachi-dlc-character-persona-4-arena-ultimax/

10. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Well-Known Member

Pretty sweet, I'm curious about something.. Will this new game include the story from the last game or will it just be the new story?

11. flamingor

flamingor Well-Known Member

The Persona arena is more of a filler game to say that they did release a game in 2014. Persona Arena's art style is not really my taste and the fact that its not the RPG plot game I love is the reason why I did not like it sa much as others did.

12. Narukami

I don't know about the western version, but the Japanese version will be getting the story mode of P4A as a DLC. I think it's a fantastic way to do it, most likely it's cheaper to buy that story mode DLC than P4A, which is gonna be obsolete by the time P4AU comes out.

But as I said, I don't know if this has been announced for the west, only for the Japanese version. But I would bet we are getting the same deal!