PC or Console?

Discussion in 'General Tech' started by Nickey22, Aug 13, 2013.

?

PC or Console

1. PC

61.1%
  2. Console

3.7%
  3. Both

37.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. SecretlyTaco

SecretlyTaco Well-Known Member
    Regular

Mods is an incredibly good reason to stick with PC. I was talking to my brother, who plays (not minecraft) on a PS3, and he's currently saving up money to get a PS4, and when I mentioned mods to him, he started telling me about how they should all be banned and made illegal and other over reactions. Turns out he had no idea what mods actually were, and thought all game mods were people hacking.

He's still saving up money for a PS4.

2. Kyler

Kyler Well-Known Member

It has to be PC due to pricing, efficiency, performance and overall costs.

3. majessticah

majessticah Active Member

PC for sure. When you're first getting started it can be a bit pricey, but from there on out, it's significantly cheaper. Not only are there tons of free-to-play games, but there's also great deals on PC games more often than console games, and they're easier to access. Online capability is free, unlike most console services. Voice chat is easier and more customizable. As other people said, emulation is a huge scene as well.

One other huge factor is modding. It's an enormous attractive feature for a lot of gamers because it adds a lot of replayability to games, and allows players to be creative in an immersive environment. PC all the way.

4. Kyler

Kyler Well-Known Member

That's absolutely right.

5. grinder

grinder Well-Known Member

PC of course. I can't stand gaming with a joystick, it's for child who can't handle a keyboard and a mouse.

6. Burt Povski

Burt Povski Well-Known Member

I personally find consoles more enjoyable to play. However, with a PC, you're able to upgrade it and really get the high performance. Consoles just feel a lot more fun to me though.

7. thecorinthian

thecorinthian Well-Known Member
    Regular

I've always been a PC master race kind of gamer but I don't judge console gamers because I used to have an Xbox that I played throughout high school. It's not a big deal gamers are gamers there's no system, gender or race involved here just plain old fun.

8. jamesbonner

jamesbonner Active Member
    Regular

well it all depends on the game, there is some games that you can't play on consol !! like Conter Strik for example ! you still need the mouse to play it well and enjoy it ! and other games I perfere to play them on consols like Fifa and PES, so it all depends on the game but for me I prefere PC gaming, it's more handly for me !

9. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I grew up on the console but I'm starting to drift more towards the PC to where I have my own steam account. Of course, I want to upgrade my computer so I can go fully into PC gaming , so I'm just saving up and waiting until I have the chance. Still, I can't really turn my back on consoles fully since there are still games that I would like to play.

10. jamesbonner

Regular

that's the same problem I have lol I want to become a PC gamer, but in the same time, I still can't leave the consols, that's why I choose where I play depending on the game, because some games just can't be played on computer !

11. SereneAngel88

Regular

That and I don't have the money to constantly update my computer to run the games I want because the creators used a higher end computer to create the game and my own rig has to play catch up.

12. jamesbonner

Regular

well actually PC componants aren't really expensive those days, you can update your computer with low price, but the problem every year, games request higher requirements ! that's the biggest problem and why I prefere consols !

13. SereneAngel88

Regular

It is if you play a lot of computer games and the shops carrying the parts you need want to charge you a good sum, especially if they are the only shops near where you live that won't take too long of a time to deliver the parts. Other than that, I would agree with you on those points.

14. jamesbonner

Regular

well here I agree with you, some stores use the opportunity to charge you more than it should, I live in big city and there is unlimited number of stores so the prices are quit good that's why I didn't face that problem.

15. evelination

evelination Well-Known Member
    Regular

Oh, the classic disputes between fans from both camps. Never gets old!

My take on this specific aspect is that PCs, although they require a bit more investment from your side, will offer you the best gaming experience one could wish. Consoles are alright as well, but they reflect a lesser budget, to be honest. I'm a hypocrite anyway... I use both to the same extent!

16. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member
    Regular

Not a lot of votes for consoles and I can kinda see that since this is a MMORPG forum and those are best enjoyed on a PC. I like both consoles and PC, but that's because there are some games that are better enjoyed on consoles like FIFA or platform puzzlers (these can go either way though). Consoles also have some really good exclusives (Uncharted, Last of Us) so it's good to have a console as well. I do prefer the PC though.

17. Jboh

Jboh Active Member
    Regular

PC for sure. A much larger gaming library that any single console could possible have, games are MUCH cheaper than their console counterparts, and the indie PC scene has been blowing up lately, giving us some very unique titles. I do still play consoles if they have an exclusive I want to try, however.

18. jsscjcbs

jsscjcbs Member
    Regular

Well with the console you are only restricted to games for that console. I choose the PC just because you have more access to play a variety of games across all platforms.

19. SecretlyTaco

SecretlyTaco Well-Known Member
    Regular

lolwat

If you buy a PC today and spend as much as a console, it'll last as long as a console and it will always be as powerful. You only have to upgrade a PC if you want to. You hear people talking about upgrading their PC all the time because most people have higher standards than the shit sony and microsoft push out every 6 years.

And I can't tell if you're serious about the developer PCs or not, but they do test their games with lower graphical options (although some games won't go down to console level, because the devs don't want their games to look that bad)

20. HalfBeard

HalfBeard Well-Known Member
    Regular

PC!! Wayyy more bang for your buck!