PC or Console?

Discussion in 'General Tech' started by Nickey22, Aug 13, 2013.

?

PC or Console

1. PC

61.1%
  2. Console

3.7%
  3. Both

37.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Nickey22

Nickey22 Active Member

What is your favorite choice for gaming? Is it PC? or, is it consoles? My preference is both, but I lean more towards the PC gaming side of things. I used to play consoles a lot more back in the day, especially with my Snes and Sega Genesis, but as of late, it's been nothing but PC. What would you guys have to say about it?

2. Morgan

Morgan Well-Known Member

It's PC for me. I used to play on consoles, but when the Xbox 360 and PS3 came out, I was officially done. The garbage these companies put out is annoying. I enjoyed my snes and N64 back when I cared for consoles, but it seems like nothing but nonsense when it comes to console gaming these days. So it's PC for me. Plus I can mod every game I play. Ever play GTA IV with mods? Way more fun than anything those consoles can do.

Morgan.

3. Cookiedough18

Cookiedough18 Member

Console for me. I have never really had the money or know how to invest in a gaming computer. Console has always been easier for me + all my friends play on console so the decision was easy

4. Jellyfish

Jellyfish Active Member

It's just different. The whole process to finally play something on a PC is something else. You need to consider a lot more things and occasionally buy a lot more things. With a console you just put the game in and that's it.

5. MorgUK

MorgUK Well-Known Member

I love my PC, the graphics are better, its quicker and the games are cheaper. On the other hand I love that with a console you can just take a nice comfy seat, relax and play some games. There's something about relaxing on a nice sofa and shooting a zombie in the head...

6. bknight

bknight Active Member

Console all the way, computer is only useful for FPS and even that sometimes I prefer on the console, being an hardcore playstation gamer about more than 10yr ago, can't really pick computer over the console on this, yeah the computer can be more powerful, better specs and whatsoever, but the gameplay experience on a console is far superior if you ask me, aswell as the multiplayer gameplay, if you have your friends over for a party or similar, you can all enjoy a game in a console, that would be impossible if you were strict to a computer, console wins here from my point of view.

7. alfonso

alfonso Well-Known Member

I prefer PC for two reasons, first you have more games to chose from and second, you can use your PC for other non-gaming things. I know the console is great for gaming but that's all its good for. Another thing I like is computers can easily be upgraded to meet game specifications.

8. NatureSun

NatureSun Well-Known Member

I prefer consoles just because of the simple reason that I don't need to worry if a game would work properly on it or not.

When I only had a PC I was always worried that games might not work on it properly, especially since it was a pretty old one. But yea since I got my PS3 it's actually been so much better.

9. BlackBolt_

BlackBolt_ Member
    Regular

PC. More cost effective in the long run. The ability to choose exactly what goes into my system and upgrade parts individually. With a console it's "this can't run the next-generation games so you'll need to buy a new one." With a PC you can just turn down the settings or play it laggy if you don't mind how it performs. I remember playing CS 1.6 with like 30fps - still very fun at the time.

A mouse and keyboard is pretty sufficient for most of my gaming needs but I did have to spring for a XBox 360 wired controller recently; it's just more comfortable to play certain games (platformers, 3rd person view, basically anything on emulators).

10. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Well-Known Member
    Regular

PC. Always has been and as far as I can see it always will be. The only thing that is bad about the pc is that some games are exclusive to certain consoles.

11. casiolol

casiolol Well-Known Member

Console all the way. I like the controllers for consoles and the fact that you can use them on gigantic TV's. The controls for CPU games are weak i comparison to what's available for consoles. Everything from motion sensors to drums for a game like Donkey Konga. I think my laptop would burn out if I tried to use it even more than I currently use it on the web. Most CPU's are not built to last like consoles are built.

12. kelemenur

kelemenur Active Member

PC here. I'm basically always on a tight budget, so I couldn't really buy any consoles in a long, looong time. The last one I bought was a PlayStation 2, lol. I'm kind of bummed that I'm missing out on a lot of exclusives, though. :(

13. -Kian-

-Kian- Active Member

It depends on the game, really. I mostly use my PC for gaming too. But for some games the console is indeed better because it has a controller (Dark Souls for example).

14. MorgUK

MorgUK Well-Known Member

Console is cool because you can kick back on the sofa with a controller, but for MMO's in general you really need a PC. So many free games to play, you'd be silly not to get one!

15. loserman778

loserman778 Member

For the most part, i enjoy playing on PC more then i do for console gaming.

One thing that i find that i enjoy more on consoles are FPS games. Most FPS are not good at all when they are ported to PC.

I agree completely that theres no way you can play an MMO on a console. Although there are a few exceptions to that rule, generally speaking PC rules over consoles when it comes to MMO gaming.

16. calebmelvern

calebmelvern Well-Known Member

PC over consoles for me. I play a lot of MMOs so I can't give up on my PC. You can play a lot more games on the PC and of course you can use it for non-gaming stuff.

17. Rubymusic1

Rubymusic1 Active Member

I'd much rather consoles, can take them anywhere and play whenever, that is, if they're handheld. I know that PC is better graphics, but I actually don't mind too much... If the games good, then great.

18. MorgUK

MorgUK Well-Known Member

In the future we'll all stream everything anyway, so we would literally plug our keyboard and mice into the TV or use wireless controllers. I guess Sony and Xbox would have unique games to them, so you would have to choose which one you wanted to sign up for to play your games. You will also have Steam and Origin to choose for your PC games.

19. TehMannie

TehMannie Active Member

Voted for both! I've got a few friends who are very casual gamers who would never consider buying a PC for gaming, those are the people I specifically buy a console to play games with. For the most part I prefer playing games on the PC but it is a more niche market for people who love to play games.

20. Teemo

Teemo Well-Known Member
    Regular

PC gaming for me, cheaper, better and can do a lot of things for less money. Plus the emulation scene is out there as well. So waiting few years to play games that you want and are only released on consoles is not a big deal for me.