PC - Enemies Frozen

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion & Support' started by Jason999, May 29, 2014.

1. Jason999

Jason999 New Member

Hi, I'm playing Metro - Last Light on PC

(1) Enemies are Frozen
    (2) They talk
    (3) Music & sound effects are normal
    (4) When I shoot them, they just stand there. Their mask pops off, but they appear to be alive and well.
    (5) When I reload the game, same issue.

What do I do?
    Also, it's almost June of 2014. Why is this issue not resolved?

Windows 7/64-bit
    i7-860 (oc'd to 3.8 ghz.)
    Sapphire 7850 oc - default clocks.
    8 gb ram
    Samsung Evo 250gb SD

1920x1080
    Texture - Normal
    AF = 16x
    Tessellation - Normal
    SSAO - off
    PhysX - off

2. Skaara Dreadlocks

I mean to have heard someone else having this issue before as well, but I can't remember it being solved.

If you're playing in Steam, try to right click on the game in your library, go to properties. Then in the menu that pops up, go Local Files and push the Verify Integrity Of Game Cache button. If that doesn't fix it, I don't know what will except for reinstalling the game, which usually isn't much fun.

3. Jason999

Jason999 New Member

Hi Skaara, can you explain to me why my Technical Support related question was relocated to an 'Off-topic' Tech. Support section, near the bottom of the page? How is Technical Support for this game, Off-Topic?

It is clearly separate from the 'Metro: Last Light' section and yet a very important issue.
    If you've been directed to move these topics I understand. Yet that is quite devious of the website developers and I'll be pushing this issue further to relevant parties.

4. Skaara Dreadlocks

You're actually very correct. I dedicated this forum for people to discuss not only off-topic Techs, but also Metro related techs. But so far, there's almost no threads in here about anything else than Metro, so I'll be moving this subforum into the Metro section, thank you ;)