Pavel's equipment

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by seriseritoshi1214, Jul 5, 2014.

1. seriseritoshi1214

seriseritoshi1214 New Member

Hello.
    I dont have any idea about Pavel's jacket.
    It is original clothes?
    What do you think? Please help me...

2. Following the Afghanistan era vibe in M2033 series, Pavel's outfit seems to be a mix between the Red Army "Afganka" winter pea coat and the Arctic "Mabuta" suit. Alternatively it could be any random jacket 4A had in the office styled after those two with some additional padding sewn into it at some point. It's also far from unique, Pavel's team wore the same suits and they can be frequently seen on various NPCs. Relevant images are under spoiler tags.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anticipating the next potential question, the hat is a USSR/RF tank crew helmet that had pretty much the same design for more than half a century. I presume they came came from the PNV-57 night vision goggles that are used in the game.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

On a side note Gurlukovich Mercenaries in Metal Gear Solid 2 accurately used those as well.

[YOUTUBE]TjvEqpgkY9o[/YOUTUBE]

3. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Just wanted to add that the same tanker hat, as well as much of the other Soviet gear, was common throughout most if not all of the Eastern Bloc countries (many of these states still use this equipment now). But most of it definitely originated from Russia or was at least based on Russian designs (e.g. the numerous Kalash derivatives the army has and still uses in Poland).

4. Why fix something that's not broken? The hat design is fine, the only things that need changing once in a while are the head- and laryngophones.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I agree, though it doesn't fit with the Polish government's infantile desire to be seen as part of "The West" and considered "Central" instead of Eastern Europe, so they're pouring some money into the military for newer designs but most of the stuff actually in use is still pre-1989. They also put shitloads of time and money into ruining Warsaw with out of place skyscrapers and attracting "western capital", instead of modernizing tower blocks or other places where people actually live. :)

Tbh, I've come to like that hat even more after Last Light. Since this thread isn't the first time I've seen someone ask about Pavel's clothes, maybe that hat will become the next fashionable piece of clothing... like thick-rimmed glasses?

6. BrutalLemon

BrutalLemon Active Member

Thanks for those screenshots of Pavel's 3D model. Things like this are gonna help me when I eventually get good enough to make action figures, sixth scale figures and statues.

Is there a source for all of these 3D models apart from the game?