Quantcast

Pоssiblе tо соntrоl multiplе сivs?

Discussion in 'More Civilization' started by Goodman, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Goodman

Goodman Well-Known Member Regular

s thеrе а mоd thаt wоuld lеt mе bе in соntrоl оf twо sеpаrаtе сivs in thе sаmе gаmе? I think thаt this wоuld bе а fun wаy tо tеst оut mоrе аdvаnсеd diffiсultiеs, аs I wоuld аlwаys hаvе аn аlly соuntry.

2. Casiox

Casiox Well-Known Member Regular

Well, as far as I know, that option is not available in any Civilization game, correct me if I am wrong, I personally think it is because the difficulty of the game would definitely be extremely high since controlling two Civs in the same game would be really stressful and frustrating for many people, unless you're a robot and can multi-task like a lot, I do not really know why you want it like that though.

3. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member Regular

Maybe in the new versions they would allow it but I am doubtful as I don't think that would be the recommended way to enjoy the game. I think the most you could hope for is to be able to manage a separate account where you could also play both simultaneously but I don't think that is what you are looking for exactly.

4. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member Regular

I'm doubtful they would implement something like this, Civilization is a game that's made for you to control only one nation. Maybe there's a mod with this feature in the game but I'm not sure, it would be hard to implement.

5. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member Regular

I never heard about it

6. DeeDee

Agreed. I think the complexity of just handling one unit is already enough and any more would probably just make it less fun. If there are ways to do this I'd love to see it though.

7. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member Regular

I imagine it would be a mess to control two nations, haha! And what would you do in case you end up with the only nations in the game? Do you unite them as one or do you side with the one of your choice?

8. DeeDee

I guess these are the types of contradictions they were trying to avoid when they decided on making the mechanics so as to only allow you to control one nation. If this were the case I think you could just game the system way too much and it will probably just end up making the game less fun.

9. Mistiq

Mistiq Member Regular

I also think it might be fun to experiment with controlling two civs at the same time. I disagree that it would make the game less fun. I think it would require more strategizing and therefore would make the game more exciting and challenging.

10. NormaD

NormaD Active Member Regular

Although it might be super challenging to control two civs at one time, it would also be fun to see how that scenario might turn out. A lot of the speculation here is that it would be too hard and make the game less interesting but I disagree.

11. Terry

Never heard about it

12. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member Regular

That would be weird, but kind of interesting now that I think about it. It would just be cheating though because then you could trade whatever you wanted and declare wars together and all of that. As far as I know this is not an option though, but I am also not the person who finds all the codes and all of that so maybe it is out there somewhere. Interesting stuff, and thanks for sharing.

13. Terry

Thanks for the info

14. Casiox

Casiox Well-Known Member Regular

You're welcome fellow Civ enthusiast.

15. AntonioCalcano

AntonioCalcano Member Regular

The option is not available but I can't imagine controlling more than one civilization at the same time, for me it would be insane, the game is very complex in my opinion the way it is; it may be good for experienced players but for newcomers it wouldn't be pretty, you would lose faster and more often. I do think they should add the option for more seasoned players but only making it optional and not mandatory.