Our Own Achievement List?

Discussion in 'Metro 2033 Forums' started by Pip314, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Pip314

Pip314 Well-Known Member

I was thinking of setting up a new style of difficulty for Metro, the reward of completing which would be "achievements" that you could put under your Bio on the forums for completing them. I was messing around with the game today and had a few very interesting ideas. I feel that if the admins implemented some sort of title rewards for achieving certain things in the first Metro, that would be very cool... and it would also give incentive to replay the original. This is a very rough idea... the only reason I decided to make a thread out of it is because I would like people to experience the game the same way I do, and the only way to do that would be to make some restrictions on the game. Meh, just spitballin', if they're shitty ideas then by all means call me out.

2. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

Okay let's go
    Ultimate archive : complete the game with no MGR used as weapons, No shot guns or Auto weapons, Throwing knives NOT allowed.
    Holocaust: Kill ALL possible enemies with MGR ammo. No Knives allowed.
    The ripper : Do the above with ONLY knives.
    Nuzlocke: Kill only the first mutant when with an ally. Allow the ally to kill ALL the others.

3. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

The idea is good on paper, but in the real world who knows. How would people prove their completion of the challenge? Video would of course be amazingly entertaining and fun but most people don't have recording stuff. I suppose we could just go off each others word which I suppose would work but, meh.

As for showing off your achievements, a few words in your signature would probably be the most likely. Custom ranks or tags would of course be great, but as you know this has been a desired feature for quite some time and is a big deal for everyone. However, I promise that I will strongly push Harley about the matter and see what can be done about it.

Why don't you give us a challenge right now, Pip? A run with just throwing knives! "Ball bearing bananza!", A run with only a Tihar? Perhaps the pursuit of the "Good ending". Kill every librarian without a volt driver?

#3 Aaron, Mar 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2013
  4. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

IDIOT : run into all mutants and then kill them with a flurry of kinves :p
    Book hater : attack ALL librarians without staring at them
    scavenger: use only weapons found. no buying

5. Pip314

Pip314 Well-Known Member

I made the thread simply because I wanted someone to try this:

Stalker: Don't turn on the flashlight once. Reconfigure it to a random key you won't remember and never turn it on. Play the game using only the lighter as your light source.

(The game does literally amazing things with lighting, which I'm sure you all know. Oftentimes the flashlight trivializes this. If you turn the gamma/brightness all the way down, and then refer to using the lighter only, the game becomes about ten times more atmospheric, because of the lighting/sounds/suffocating darkness. When you use only the lighter, it seems even as if the sounds you hear are encroaching just beyond the flicker of your lighter.) - I just wanted to share that... I am in the midst of a playthrough doing this, and it has made the game much more intense, even after a shit-ton of playthroughs in the past.