One ending or multiple ones for Last Light?

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light Campaign Discussion' started by Ashtrax, Nov 1, 2011.

1. Ashtrax

Ashtrax Well-Known Member

In the original Metro game there were essentially two endings revolving around 'karma' earnt during the game.

Would people like to see this happen in Last Light?

I have yet to get the 'good' ending (played it first time and didnt get it, tried again and found loads of new things) and wanting the 'good' ending has made me play it more and has led to me delving deeper into the Metro experience.

2. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

Multiple endings are allways a tonne of fun, but there should be no 'good' or 'bad' outcome. I like to pick options the way i would in real life but i become to influenced on trying to get the good option.

3. Skaara Dreadlocks

If there's a sequel to it, then yes, but if it's the final game (Which I hope that it's not) then it should only have one ending..
    I'd like, though, to be able to choose between a lot more things to do or not to do, kinda like in Fallout3, just not that much, but yeah..

4. thuner

thuner Well-Known Member

Well if you wanna have multiple endings in games, then try out Heavy Rain. It ends diffrently depending on what you do, basically if you dont/do talk to someone you didnt do before you might end up somewhere in a COMPLETELY diffrent place in the ending, or even just by touching something diffrent.
    yea I know xD

5. BORIS13

BORIS13 Well-Known Member

i think more than one endign :)

6. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

I reckon multiple. 4A says they're working on the karma system, and Last Light will have multiple endings. :)

7. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

Man, I want to play Heavy Rain, but it's PS3... :(

8. BORIS13

multiple endings are good, they give u choices and makes the game more interesting to play. Plus its funner to replay it to get the other endings

9. adam2me

adam2me New Member

id be happy with multiple ending , it give more reasons for replaying the game.

maybe there could a normal ending, two what if ending (good/bad) and then one random/funny ending.

just as long as they make it clear of how to get the ending, as theres alot of people that didn't even know Metro had a good ending.

10. RedJacketMan

RedJacketMan Well-Known Member

I think there should be a normal, good, and bad ending. The normal could be canonical, and the others extra.

11. Nod2033

Nod2033 Well-Known Member
    Regular

hm agree!

12. BORIS13

13. Chrome

Chrome Well-Known Member

I would love multiple endings for Last Light! Though it doesn't really matter what ending you choose, because Last Light automatically starts off from the "Bad" ending of Metro 2033; without taking in account of your original choice.

14. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

One ending would deduct some of the rpg style 'feel' you get in 2033. That would be a major loss.

15. Oxotnik

Oxotnik Active Member

I really like open games like stalker or fallout 3 so I like multiple endings but....

but metro last light from alpha seems a little bit "bad" for me because it will have missions (like cod and bf) and with that having several endings is impossible.

16. Teddy Picker

Teddy Picker Well-Known Member

There will definitely be multiple endings. 4A Games is implementing the Morality system, like in Metro 2033. If you make good decisions, you'll get the good ending, if you don't, well you get the "canonical" ending (I hate calling it the "bad" ending).

17. Jet Odessa

Jet Odessa Mutant Hunter Extraordinaire

yep, multiple endings is best, imho, 'cause it also gives the game the replayability card.