Official Last Light Forum!

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Concerns' started by Skaara Dreadlocks, Feb 18, 2013.

?

Do you want us to become the official Last Light Forum?

1. Yes!

27 vote(s)
    62.8%
  2. Kind of..

5 vote(s)
    11.6%
  3. Neutral.

2 vote(s)
    4.7%
  4. Not really..

7 vote(s)
    16.3%
  5. No!

2 vote(s)
    4.7%
  1. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

This site is not affiliated with or endorsed by Deep Silver, their partners or sponsors.
    We act solely as a fansite and all information contained herein is for entertainment purposes only.
    All trademarks and copyrights remain the property of their respective owners.

How long till this is changed?

2. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I'm not going to agree or disagree with you in this case, but it's worth noting that Stalker (even though it is older) is still a more underground game than Metro 2033 but with a larger cult following (well, at least in the West - back in Poland, Ukraine or any other Eastern European country you'd have a hard time finding a gamer who hasn't at least heard of Stalker). Metro 2033 has seen more mainstream attention in the West.

3. Jet Odessa

Jet Odessa Mutant Hunter Extraordinaire

thank the lord the Stalker official forum is an exception, and I'm sure if we become the official forum, we would be as well. why? simply because of the type of people we have here. we are a tight knit community, the same as in Staker official forum, and I'm sure if some1 would come in here and started giving grief to other members or start silly arguments we would put them in their places pretty quick, not just the mods, but all of us who form this community.

my faith in you guys, us because I also include myself here, is unshakeable.

4. Professor Pew

Professor Pew Well-Known Member

Based on the votes and the sentiment, it seems most are in favor of being endorsed, or cautious about a possible new influx of crazy fans.

This is not my call to make, as a publisher rep. If the admins decide, we can move things along :).

From my side I'd only sparingly link to the forum when it comes to hardcore topics, like the tech side of things, mature discussions about story etc., or linking to the answers from the Q&A. Last thing I want to do is damage or flood the community that has its home here.

I'll also await what the forum owner's thoughts are on this. Because more users = more traffic, but it's a precarious balance to maintain the integrity of the forum community.

5. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

Will this forum be used to interact with devs come launch day when we will find the inevitable bugs and come across various technical problems? As I don't think this forum should be used for that as I'd rather rely on the stable forums run by Deep Silver. Also what's happening with enterthemetro.com? If you guys have acquired it then I think it needs and update.

6. Professor Pew

The devs mainly speak Ukrainian/Russian with a few exceptions, so that will be unlikely. If they want to, Deep Silver has no problem with it from what I can see.

The website is still in the process of moving everything to Deep Silver, but there are a lot of systems and other aspects behind that site and how it was run, so it may take a while before it's fully moved to our control.

7. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

What about the man with the hair aka Huw :D, he's 4A's spokesperson so will he be handling the technical side of things? When will the Steam page be updated? The game isn't on there yet and we only have 2 months until release. :shocked:

8. Professor Pew

Huw has actually joined Deep Silver from THQ and will be working on Metro: Last Light. He's not a developer, though, so I'm not sure what you mean exactly by the technical side of things?

Steam pre-orders generally don't open until closer to release.

9. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

Yay! Huw lives on!

10. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

Yup, saw the tweets that he joined DS. I felt gutted for him that the night before his apartment was broken into. :(

He used to be the communication between 4A and the outside world, answering community and press related questions.

My signature/avatar is dedicated to him after he compared Metro to an elephant parable lol

11. Skaara Dreadlocks

All right, the decision is made. The Administrator and both Moderators are all positive for the officializement. Hopes up it's happening soon :)

12. Cheaptricks

Cheaptricks Well-Known Member

Great news! Looking forward to seeing more faces around here!

13. Keegan83

Keegan83 Well-Known Member
    Regular

All hail Huw the Big Bison! :laugh:

14. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Good news about Huw. As for us becoming official: I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens if it was the right decision.

15. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

Guess what Bamul, it wasn't :lol:

I told you so this would happen. How can I have an opinion when I am being prevented from having a view? :lol:

16. Aaron

Regular

:deadhorse:

17. Darkbringer

Darkbringer Huntsman

Sometimes a picture speaks louder than a thousand words...

18. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

Sorry the statement was directed to Bamul, did I not make that clear enough?

19. Aaron

Regular

That pic was directed at you, did it work?

20. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

that moment where you unintentionally cause ww3 and don't even know how it ends cause the thread was closed...