Official Last Light Forum!

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Concerns' started by Skaara Dreadlocks, Feb 18, 2013.

?

Do you want us to become the official Last Light Forum?

1. Yes!

27 vote(s)
    62.8%
  2. Kind of..

5 vote(s)
    11.6%
  3. Neutral.

2 vote(s)
    4.7%
  4. Not really..

7 vote(s)
    16.3%
  5. No!

2 vote(s)
    4.7%
  1. Hoenkoper

Hoenkoper Well-Known Member

What if everyone who is already an active member becomes a mod, so we stay together and keep control over the lower footfolk ;)

2. Skaara Dreadlocks

That's an idea, but it would create one side against each other and it would only evolve to a war :p

3. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

Skaara why you remove my post 0_________o

4. rolfwar

rolfwar Well-Known Member
    Regular

let's try it....we could always use the "Social group" function here on the forum to have a corner just for us.

5. Skaara Dreadlocks

If all the people who now are on the forums were made mods, we would act like smartasses towards all these cod-fan boys and they would look at us as corrupt and negative towards everything. (Because COD is their everything). No, but really, I hope you get what I mean.

The other option is that we almost don't get any more traffic here at all after all and we're stuck with a bunch of more mods than regular users. I really don't think that there'll be any big traffic. Small kiddos does tend to get lost in forums some times, but they usually don't stick around for too long.

6. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

busy right now. I will post the philosophy tommrow.

7. VanillaToshi

VanillaToshi Well-Known Member

I'm in the middle. On the one hand there will be more people, a larger community and with that will probably come new topics and discussions which will liven up the forum a bit but on the other hand there will be idiots like on most other forums, probably more spam bots unless we put down some preventative measures and after the way the website handled a lot of traffic last time it took like a day to get it sorted so we need to make sure it can handle it.

8. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

thats what the stress test were for presumably

9. RedJacketMan

RedJacketMan Well-Known Member

Ah. I guess I wasn't on the official forums. You can't really say anything about Metro if you haven't played it. It's just that too often I see people hating on cod players. It just bugs me a bit.

10. Skaara Dreadlocks

That's very true. Calling everyone who plays Cod for "Cod-kids" have almost become the same as calling every black person for "Nigger" :p

Either way, it seems that the voting system has spoken, people. I'm quite sceptical about this, but I'm pretty sure things won't get out of hand. And if they do, we will take care of it, no doubt ;)

11. Professor Pew

Professor Pew Well-Known Member

Pitching in on this!

From the Deep Silver side, what I proposed is that this forum will be officially endorsed as THE forum for hardcore Metro fans to talk about Metro 2033/Last Light. The difference between this and calling it the official Deep Silver forum, is that this forum will remain 100% under community control. I'll be here to answer questions in an official capacity either way, but we wouldn't take over admin rights from anyone, or dictate what can and can't be said.

I can promote the forum on things like Facebook and Twitter, or we could even have it listed at the end of trailers. In the latter case, there is a higher risk of getting those "COD boys" here due to the mainstream exposure.

I can also leave it as is, but simply make a link to this forum on our Deep Silver forums. The hardcore crowd would find it through those means, or via Google I bet.

The idea is to have a forum for the "mature" fans who want to discuss the game, but can't do so on Facebook because Facebook isn't really a discussion platform. Having said that, if you google "metro last light forum" this is the first result, so I'm not 100% sure we could even manage who ends up here or not. We can definitely make an effort to only point the real fans here, though.

The dev Q&A will continue no matter the status of the forum, but I'd of course like to point people in this direction so more fans get to read it :).

Basically, with the endorsed status we would promote the forum as the primary community-run forum, focus certain more hardcore info blasts and Q&As on this forum, and support the admins where we can. How you run the forum is entirely up to you. There are also almost 1 million fans on Facebook, so I'll be careful with how to phrase things if I would link to the forum for a Q&A. You don't want to be flooded by 20K people who only Liked the Metro page to get a free copy of Metro 2033.

The THQ forums are already a wasteland, and I bet they will get closed down any day now. I doubt anyone will miss those.

12. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

Great!
    That is awesome PEW! (Did you ever get a chance to post that pic?)

13. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

As Celebration this guy gets realsed from my pc full of pics from the leaks PICTURE REMOVED.

#53 TheStalker, Feb 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2013
  14. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

Skaara is right, we will take care of any Trolls if need be!

also sorry i wasn't on much last night my internet had some stomach problems...

15. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

This forum was on lock down regardless if it is officially affiliated with DS. For a fan based forum early leaked videos, magazine sharing, leaked info on Limited Edition content and leaked concept images were stopped and removed if you cast your minds back a few months.

Now for members this is something you need to think about as you won't be getting a one stop shop insight to information which is available elsewhere or able to share it with fellow fans.

Now when that happened around the time Joe came onboard a few of us to show respect towards THQ continued to share info albeit via other means. The trade off was that we got regular Q&A's and that community ideas were relayed back to the devs which imo was much better.

Additionally we were promised exclusive screen shots which never materialised and had the opportunity to take part in contests where THQ provided the prizes (Although this was restricted to USA only)

16. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

Also Thq liked lying to us if we found real stuff that was leaked. they enjoyed saying it was fake.

17. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I still voted "No".

18. Keegan83

Keegan83 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Me too. I don't like the idea of lastlightforum going official one bit. Believe it or not this is the only place i visit without worrying it may have turned into s*ithole over night.
    Great sense of community! This is what we will lose if we go "official".

19. Heavygunner

Heavygunner Well-Known Member
    Regular

Only because this Forum go official, the forum could change into a shithole? Nope^^

The only change will be that there will other people that are interrested in M:LL. And they won't be COD Fags(because COD fags don't exists).

Btw: The next one who use COD fags as an insult will get in the corner for the next 100 years:rant:

20. Keegan83

Keegan83 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Can't? Why don't you go and see the Crysis forums for example? Or BF? Or CoD? Or DMC? Or A:CM? Or any other official game forum? (the only exception being the official S.T.A.L.K.E.R. forums).
    Please! This place will go Ga-Ga the moment it goes official. Trust me. More people doesn't neccesarily mean better conversations or better community.Quite the oposite.
    I promise i will leave this place if it goes "official" . I've had enough battles with stuborn and stupid people over the internet,this forum is the last place i'd like to have another fight.