Not much love from game critics

Discussion in 'Dust 514' started by Meridia, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Meridia

Meridia Active Member

Now I'm not a critic myself, but I do like to criticize games quite often and that also includes movies, tv, music and books. Anyways I like Dust and think it's quite an innovative game. It may be a standard FPS, but adding that into an MMO does a lot. Well critics don't seem to agree. Game trailers seem to have given it a 4.4 out of a possible 10, metacritic gave it a 60%, which turns out to be 3/5, which I suppose isn't bad. And there's other sites that seemed to give it low to good ratings. I'm too lazy to look those ones up again though.

So what I'm asking, did critics help or discourage you from buying this game?

http://www.gametrailers.com/games/tkzm1d/dust-514
    http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/dust-514

2. online24

online24 Active Member

think the actual game concept gets good reviews. The problem with dust is that it has been released with too many bugs for people to get into it. Players have a short attention span when it comes to gaming and anything that causes problems wont be tolerated for long. People will move onto something that works.

3. Meridia

Meridia Active Member

I can take the problems myself. Never been one to complain too much. As long as It doesn't cause too much of a problem in the game, I'm good and I never really noticed anything bad in Dust anyways. I've heard some stories from people who've had problems, but they never sound all that bad anyways.

4. Zombie Lad

Zombie Lad Well-Known Member

That's kind of how critics work. They see small to big graphical errors, glitches and bugs and they'll tear a game apart. Personally I love a lot of game that are critically panned because of the smallest of things. Critics don't know what gamers usually want though and I don't normally agree with them anyways.

5. Merlin87

Merlin87 Active Member

Too many bugs and too many promises to fix them = game failure. Makers have got to realise that gamers have got too much choice to be messed around these days.

6. xarziv

xarziv Member

There are just bugs within snipers, and the vehicles. After that i see nothing wrong with it.