No Man's Sky

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Bamul, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I'm surprised we don't have a thread for this game yet as it's been announced some time ago and looks quite interesting. Like Elite: Dangerous and Star Citizen, it is a cosmos exploration game that features combat, trading and all that jazz. Unlike the other two that seem to be focused more on combat, space sim or RPG elements, No Man's Sky revolves more around just exploring and discovering things with an unrealistic yet aesthetically pleasing visual style. It is set in a huge universe with many generated worlds - each one can be discovered by a player, along with all the flora and fauna that populates each planet. Made by English developer Hello Games, No Man's Sky still has no release date. It is going to be a timed PS4 exclusive, so it will also come to PC at a later point in time. At E3 2015, during Sony's conference, Murray (Hello Games co-founder) presented a gameplay demonstration, which I'm posting below:

[YOUTUBE]amrbKPKYlB8[/YOUTUBE]

#1 Bamul, Jun 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2015
  2. I didn't want to post a thread about these because they are stupidly expensive to play. Even to run them you need a top notch machine.

But mostly because Star Citizen sells in-game ships worth tens of thousands of real world $ for any prick that can afford it and most games in the genre are rumoured to follow suit. I just think it's a bad idea and I don't support it, games that allow people to show off their disposable incomes should go fuck themselves, I won't pay to be reminded that I come from a worse socio-economic background than this guy with a bunch of X's and 420 in their name :eek:

Unless they can be permanently destroyed, in which case I will pay to crush their dreams.

3. Skaara Dreadlocks

Dramatic, but true :sad:
    said the guy buying lots of swaggety different skins in Chivalry..

4. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Very nicely put! This is one of the things that I really dislike about Star Citizen... that and the fact anyone who pledged or bought stuff from there is basically paying for Chris Roberts' retirement fund (that man seems to have a hell of an ego and people are almost bloody worshiping him), despite of Thestalker's previous attempts at trying to convince me otherwise. :p However, I do think that many of the actual features they have planned for Star Citizen are extremely interesting.

To my knowledge, neither Elite: Dangerous nor No Man's Sky plan to implement such features (buying in-game ships and all that using real money), but I may be wrong and if that is actually the case then my anticipation for these games will drop severely.

On a more positive not, it looks like No Man's Sky will after all launch on PC alongside the PS4 version, not later.