Night Vision Goggles

Discussion in 'Metro 2033 Forums' started by Skaara Dreadlocks, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Skaara Dreadlocks

[YOUTUBE]?v=2sCCZYxfTX8[/YOUTUBE]

Did you guys know about this? I got a friend of mine to download the free version of Metro when it was completely free, and he said to me at school that he found NV goggles in metro. I was like "WHAAAT?!", so I searched it up on youtube, and found the video above. When I saw the NV goggles being taken on, I recognized those three squares in the center of the screen. Perhaps I found the goggles on my first playthrough of metro, a good while ago? I can't remember, but I'm pretty sure I recognize those three squares, as I've said, but I'm also pretty sure that I never used the goggles. Only tried them for a little moment in my first playthrough, and never again, I assume.

So, my question is, did you guys know about this? If so, how much did you use it? And what do you think about the fact that there actually are NV goggles in the game?

2. VanillaToshi

VanillaToshi Well-Known Member

How the hell did you miss the NV goggles?
    They're not great but they're still an important bit of equipment. As you probably know the three squares represent the light level, just like the LEDs on the watch.

3. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Skaara, seriously? :p Come on man, I think everyone on this forum has found this... well, except for some of the newer members, I guess, but they are excused because they probablky only played the game once. I think it's good having NV goggles in the game because they are well hidden. The game rewards plays who don't play the game like it's CoD.

4. VanillaToshi

VanillaToshi Well-Known Member

^ They're not exactly hard to find.

Ways to obtain:
    -Buy stealth suit at armory station
    -Loot corpses from the Frontlines level and onwards, Nazis are more likely to be wearing them than the Reds though, they can be picked up just like ammo off the bodies.
    -No money and little to no killing below:
    Once you've fallen through the luggage hold of the rail cart transporting you to the frontlines, turn around and head back up the track where there's two Red soldiers, i'm pretty sure you can sneak past them without killing them but I might be wrong and there should be a small medicine cabinet kind of thing on the wall near the guy stood still, in there is a pair and some MGR.

5. GoodLordApollo

GoodLordApollo The Courier

Just because some of the newer members only played it once doesn't mean that they didn't find the NV goggles.

I used them and found them to be quite useful. I used them alot because of how dark Metro can be at times and also when trying to be sneaky.

6. KLMKsunbunny

KLMKsunbunny Well-Known Member

they're extremely helpful getting through the 'Frontline' level without killing anyone too..!

7. Teddy Picker

Teddy Picker Well-Known Member

Skaara... *facepalm*

8. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

Hearing this from such an experienced Metro player is to shocking for my still developing brain to handle.

9. RedJacketMan

RedJacketMan Well-Known Member

Just shows that there's always something new, even for the most experienced among us, lol!

10. Lagtagbag

Lagtagbag Well-Known Member

haha oh, Skaara...:D

#10 Lagtagbag, Jan 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2013
  11. Skaara Dreadlocks

Ok, I'm now convinced that I did find them, but I also admit that I forgot completely about them. All I can say in my defense, is what I wrote in my previous post above... :p

12. zin

zin Active Member

After Frontline on the next level where you get ambushed by two soldiers going to have you executed you'll get rescued. Once cutscene is done trace backwards to the room before and you'll find few weapons and NV googles(behind the door). Another way to get them is purchasing stealth armor, you will find a armor trader NPC at both Polis and Armory. As already pointed out the three squares represent light indicator. You charge the googles the same way as the flashlight.

#12 zin, May 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2013
  13. 3am

3am New Member

Never really used the night vision goggles.

14. Keegan83

Keegan83 Well-Known Member
    Regular

What the hell,Skaara!? Go back to school,right now!

15. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac Active Member

They're first found for free as a pickup item in Front Lines for a reason. That mission is brutal via combat on harder difficulty modes, and taking the stealth route is difficult without them.

It's also not necessarily greatly difficult to go without them depending on your brightness setting. I've seen some people's videos of the game where it looks pretty bright even without NV on. And aside from game menu brightness there's also display brightness settings.

#15 Frag Maniac, Aug 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2014
  16. SimonTessem

SimonTessem Member

It's pretty common to find it ^^, and you can even charge it up with your recharger!