Next Metro supposed to be at E3

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by Skaara Dreadlocks, May 10, 2016.

1. Skaara Dreadlocks

Very interesting, but I'm not getting my hopes up; for too long now I've been down the path of believing we won't get a new metro game in any near future.. .......... or maybe that "near future" has already passed, and we're already in the distant future from then? :O

2. Heavygunner

Heavygunner Well-Known Member
    Regular

Finally something I can hope for at E3.

3. TheDarknessEnvelops

TheDarknessEnvelops Lion Triumphant

will this initiate a new growth in the forum!!!!

4. Skaara Dreadlocks

This could be our breakthrough, the moment we've been waiting for :D
    Perhaps we should even change the forumname and -link.... OfficialMetroForum.com! :D

5. Damnation13

Damnation13 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Im so excited i really hope they make it ! Im getting the metro itch.. Maybe to much radiation ... Idk . Thats exciting ! I alnost wet myself hehe. I wonder if there will be new weapons and such too. I think the forum will boom for sure! Very exciting for sure !

6. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Guys, both of these articles are from 2014... it's old news and I'm quite sure we've already had more than a few topics about them. Not saying it's definitely not gonna appear at this E3, just don't want yous to get excited for nothing and then disappointed again.

7. Damnation13

Damnation13 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yaa that would be and didnt know about that , all you can do is hope lol

8. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

Nooo! :sad:
    ----------------------------
    I still have faith that 4A will, eventually, add another Metro title to the franchise (as it is only plausible to give the audience what they want); but I don't see it happening soon (as in this year). It'll probably come out, around the same time, as the movie.

9. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

Hmm personally do not see it at this years E3 or even next years

10. JigMcGalliger

JigMcGalliger Active Member
    Regular

Yes, those are from 2014, and the devs have def still been working on the game. Which is entirely in line with 4As 3 year SDLC. Teaser this year, probably somewhat delayed release next year. Though I suspect too much coverage will go to the shoddy looking Homefront sequel.

Here is a more recent statement
    http://wegotthiscovered.com/gaming/deep-silver-teases-major-announcement-going-into-e3-2016/

And Dmitry Glukhovsky hinted at something being revealed at E3 last month.

#10 JigMcGalliger, May 11, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2016
  11. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Could still mean anything at this point, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

12. Derrame

Derrame Well-Known Member
    Regular

yeeeeeees! new metro game! finally some news!
    i'm sure it will be awesome as the two previous games
    thanks for the info

13. SteXmaN

SteXmaN New Member

Metro Dev Hinting at E3 2016 Presence – Could That Be Deep Silver’s Big Announcement?

Source: wccftech(dot)com/metro-dev-hinting-e3-2016-presence-deep-silvers-big-announcement/

Can't post links yet,sorry about that.

THE HYPE IS REAL :D:D:D

14. XKaan

XKaan Active Member

15. SteXmaN

SteXmaN New Member

You posted that on reddit but not on the official forum ? :shocked:

16. JigMcGalliger

Regular

Boom

https://shazoo.ru/2016/05/16/39886/razrabotchiki-metro-edut-na-e3-2016
    Google translation:
    "Publisher Deep Silver has announced that is going to make the announcement during E3 2016, but the publisher's name alludes not particularly like the name of the studio developer.

And yes, 4A Games, developers of Metro shooter series, going on E3 2016. As already known, the studio is developing a new game franchise, so the announcement is likely to be the new Metro. Especially because your space shooter they froze.

Now answer, originally published in forum razrabotchki already edited on a less obvious, but, as you know, late.

It remains to wait for E3 2016."

#16 JigMcGalliger, May 16, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  17. JigMcGalliger

Regular

A 2017 release would be entirely in line with they 3 year development cycle. they took 1 year on Redux between LL. They have generally teased their games no greater than a year from planned release, so a summer tease reveal also aligns with their SDLC.

Plus dmitry said he would be at E3 (or at least preparing for it) and his only game so far is Metro.

18. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

If 4A is busy developing a new franchise, why are they saying that the new announcement will "most likely" be a new Metro? That's not a new franchise. :eek:hwell:

19. JigMcGalliger

Regular

The new franchise (some space shooter) is kinda on hold at the moment, pre production problems as usual, no doubt (afaik Glukhovsky is not involved in that). The new Metro has been 4A's primary focus since the Malta move and Redux release (it started pre production before Redux and the new franchise). The new franchise has been known for nearly 2 years, but only recently did I hear that it was on hold.

Seems like more of a grammatical issue, but my Cyrillic is not strong. I can't attest to google translate either.

20. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Yes, that's what I meant. Sorry, I didn't really specify in my post. As far as I can understand it, they're saying (more or less): "As is already known, the studio is busy creating a new game franchise, therefore the announcement will most likely be the new Metro." That sentence seems kinda contradictory.

I still hope that it will be a new Metro and all, it would make sense as well, just saying that the sentence seems slightly stupid to me. :p

#20 Bamul, May 18, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016