Next metro as an rpg?

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light Campaign Discussion' started by Spitfire, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

Who here would like to see the next instalment (besides last light becasue the game is essentially done) of the metro series take a turn towards being a full-on rpg? I think the story that Dimitry and 4A have co-operatively created is too rich to be explored in a shooter form and to maximize the games potential they need to add many more rpg elements and a more sandbox campaign. Please do not mention anything about stalker, fallout ect. This thread is about metro.

2. lolinski

lolinski Well-Known Member

I wouldnt like it to be a complete Rpg but it could have some elements like rpgs have like inventory,journal,bestiary and etc because I dont think it fits the Metro universe to be level-based and have skill points.

3. RedJacketMan

RedJacketMan Well-Known Member

I think an RPG style inventory and stuff would be cool. But it would have to be strict, in my opinion, you know, to fit the post-apocalyptic world. Say, XXX rounds, X amount of weapons, and XXX amount of weight.

4. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

I don't think it should be open world (as most RPG's are), since Artyom says "No-one wanders around the tunnels for no reason". I think leveling and experience would destroy the stealth missions (kill as many people as possible to level up), and, as in many RPGs, the story will fade into the background.

I think Metro should stay story-driven, and have no "bosses" or progressively "stronger" enemies (just like 2033). Let STALKER 2 be our post-apocalyptic Russian RPG. :)

#4 Von Streff, Sep 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2011
  5. Ashtrax

Ashtrax Well-Known Member

Couldnt agree more Von. I wouldnt mind if certain people were harder to kill due to armour or such like but not a person who is seemingly impossible to kill simply due to being a boss. If its not broken then dont fix it!

6. thuner

thuner Well-Known Member

I would really like it if they made the Metro to be a free roaming place, and then you take missions, wich takes you to the surface etc.
    But then I would also want the Metro tunnels to be scary enough, to make people wanna STAY in the stations, and not just to go straight out in one of the tunnels.

7. lolinski

lolinski Well-Known Member

I agree with Ashtrax okay to have powerfull armoured enemies but having something like in Borderlands where the fact that the enemy is one level higher than its impossible to kill them because they only receive about 2% damage from your guns, would just be stupid and not fit the game.

8. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Metro best suits the (mostly) linear shooter genre. Adding levelling, skills, carry weight, weapon stats, an inventory, health bar, larger HUD & more numbers would be awesome for some, but it would not work. It goes completely against the dark, atmospheric, post-apocalyptic, first-person shooter that Metro is right now.

9. Oxotnik

Oxotnik Active Member

Well I would be veeerrrryyyy happy if last light would be a free game ( like fallout ). This means you want to be a bad guy be it. You want to be a good guy? Be it.

But of course having missions will be great to...

Also liked Bamul's decision

10. RedJacketMan

RedJacketMan Well-Known Member

Well, I you got to be a bad guy in Metro 2033. You could do things like steal, and lose morality.

11. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

This. Moral points and endings. I think it is best that Metro remains the same gameplay wise and that the developers expand upon the morality, side mission and ending parts.

12. BORIS13

BORIS13 Well-Known Member

i dont really knw i think it shud be a linear game type of story :|

13. Von Streff

Regular

Maybe the morality points should be made a little more obvious? Same with the multiple endings. Of course, we don't want a numerical system for morality, as they have in other games, because then it just becomes a calculation. Make it subtle, but logical and understandable... no easy task! But 4A are epic, so yeah! :)

14. BORIS13

maybe u cna have the choice of choosing which tunnel to go into and that (your choice) changes the plot of the story in different ways? like for example khan tells u were to go left or right. if you go left you encounter nazis and get trapped in a nazi station but if you go right you ewill end up in a small isolated station at the end of the line. Idk?

15. Von Streff

Regular

That would be incredible, but the plot would change in certain ways, making it very difficult for them to make, not to mention the ton of extra information they'd have to put in the game, graphics/sound/characters. But it would be very very awesome!

16. BORIS13

yeah i bet.

17. Mr_Timma

Mr_Timma Well-Known Member

yeah as ive said in my thread like this one i would like to see a straegy game how you get to create your own stations, clear tunnels, build armies and make new bases on the surface and fight mutants and other factions but thats just me :D

18. Ultimate_Hobo

Ultimate_Hobo Member

I would love it if metro was the next post apocolypic open world RPG but i think it would take a lot away from metro. bosses, loot and a leveling system would make stealth very punishing (i find it already is quite bad) and leveling would probably end up in a grind like most RPGs.
    That said if it was done well it would be epic, you would need a real incentive to stay safe but also have to venture away from the stations it could be so great to wander around the stations and observe the lives of people (i remember STALKER SOC hiding at argoprom because i was scared of mutants, before i discovered that bloodsuckers were easy, i would love it like that)
    I think all they should do is add more than 2 endings and have larger repurcussions for your choices

(sorry if this is hard to follow i got lost in my mind. Btw von you know when STALKER 2 comes out? Is it confirmed?)

19. Cheaptricks

Cheaptricks Well-Known Member

why cant I say anything about fallout lol?

I would enjoy a metro game in a RPG/sandbox game with many optional quests and things to do on the side. Like fallout :lol:

20. Lagtagbag

Lagtagbag Well-Known Member

I loved the morality system in 2033, I wouldn't want it to change. the fact that it was so subtle is one of the things that made it so great