Quantcast

New York City in The Division vs. Real Life

Discussion in 'The Division' started by Cyborg Superman, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Maelalove

Maelalove Well-Known Member Regular

That's why I think it's so perfect. Besides the diversity, it's also one of the most well known places in America(if not the number one) and that makes it perfect for a game that extends to other countries, it's likely something they are somewhat familiar with, as well as providing a lot of options for the gameplay and setting.

2. Maelalove

While a full scale New York would almost definitely be too big, they at least have the possibility of making enough sections of it to make sure things don't get boring. Plus, they'd have the option of making quests specific to a certain type of region in New York, if only just a smaller, extra section or something. They have given themselves a huge amount of opportunity by choosing New York as the setting.

3. Cyborg Superman

Cyborg Superman Well-Known Member Regular

Exactly, the potential for DLC is HUGE since New York is exactly that: huge. Never mind the outdoor locations, once you start adding building you can enter... The possibilities are near endless. I'm stoked.

4. Maelalove

Well with an MMO that's so perfect. Especially adding things, it would make it so much nicer in the long run for the extra content. Not only will it draw new players in, but it will add more to do for the players that started since the beginning, and that will keep them around and happy, too. It can really only go up from there.

5. Cyborg Superman

Imagine a DLC called Assault on the Empire State Building (or something like that), or fighting near the Statue of Liberty... I mean, those are two right there, although obviously choices, would be so awesome. I really hope The Division is successful because I want these new locations to happen (which is funny considering I haven't even played the normal game yet).

6. Maelalove

Oooooooh they could probably even add in other areas, too. Like an attempt to "see from another's perspective" in a completely different area but with the same big problems. You could have some really big structures and landmarks in there, like the Space Needle or the San Francisco bridge...

7. Cyborg Superman

If it's successful, you then release The Division: Los Angeles, etc. so you can basically go to any place in the world and have the perspective of the event from there, as you said. So all this hinges on is for The Division to be successful... lol.

Maelalove likes this.
  8. Maelalove

I'm sure it will be fine. Especially in this Era, there seems to be a large need for post apocalyptic things(I would know, I'm one of the people who will go to a book store and specifically look for books that are in a post apocalyptic setting and war torn stories). To make an MMO out of it, it's genius. It's almost difficult to actually mess up badly enough.