"New" video of MLL

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light Media' started by Komodo Saurian, Feb 3, 2013.

1. [CLICK ME!]

Contains a few scenes that we haven't seen before, like the can-can one. In german.

2. Crossing

Crossing Well-Known Member

I thought clothes tended to be on when the can-can was danced? :D

Seriously though, I never noticed before, but doesn't the interface look heavily dumbed down? Less ARMA, more "casual" (even though I don't like to use that word too much). I know it's on console, but still, the icons for bullets, gas mask filters, and interacting look like they belong in a new-age Linux theme.

3. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

Unfortunately, game developers throw in cheap 'sex appeal' in games for people who need that in their lives. Kinda turns me off a game when it has that..

Hmm, looks good. So is the release date confirmed? Or is there to be yet another delay?

4. Skaara Dreadlocks

If they decided to delay it, I'm pretty sure they'd announce it by now. Besides, the game is actually already finished, if I read correctly.

5. GoodLordApollo

GoodLordApollo The Courier

I love the way German has all those umphs and icks.

I believe Metro is in the current Gold Stage or along the lines of that. I thinks this the time the developers should come up with ideas for DLC. Maybe ideas that they didn't think of during development or were too afraid to do and then release if people liked it enough and wanted more DLC.

6. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

Yeah but the interface can be turned off even on easy now!

7. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Nice vid, thanks for sharing it here.

8. VanillaToshi

VanillaToshi Well-Known Member

NBC suits (mostly home made), Big stupid fucking boots to protect from radiation, gas masks and then... Fingerless gloves. Seriously wouldn't they protect their hands too. I mean, who decided it was a good idea to think like this "Yeah we made it look like the clothes and shitty boots are home made and really big to represent the many layers they're wearing and to protect from radiation and the plague, etc and then give them fingerless gloves because they're surely going to provide protection from everything"

EDIT: On a more positive note though the gameplay does look quite good and i'm glad we have weapons customization and a bunch of other stuff but i'm not really liking the whole zoom in on the watch thing and just the watch in general. I know it sounds like i'm being picky but trust me this game will still be amazing I just really think the boots are fucking stupid. I dc about the other stuff tbh.

#8 VanillaToshi, Feb 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2013
  9. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

Some great new scenes there!

I really love the surrendering Nazi, seems like a moral point to me!

Also I think the iron sights on the kalash look pretty good.

10. Skaara Dreadlocks

I have a neutral look at the boots. If anything, I think they look slightly cool, but that's it :p
    But I'd have to agree with the watch, including the zoom-in thing. Since when did human eyes have installed zoom-optics? I loved the fact that Artyom would actually lift his arm closer to his face to look at it in 2033. Why would they replace that with a stupid zoom-in in LL?

11. Keegan83

Keegan83 Well-Known Member
    Regular

The zoom in was to show to the viewer what the digits are for. Same happens when they are showing the LED (blinking blue) on Artyom's watch.It's not going to be like this in-game.
    Does anyone here speaks german? Maybe we can get some more info on what they say when they zoom in on the watch.

12. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

Heavy gunner get cho' but over here. (he speaks german)

13. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

lol awesome. Thanks for the share.

14. Shurfire

Shurfire Well-Known Member

Thing is though that Metro isn't really a game for DLC. It's not a roaming RPG. Unless they make side quests there isn't really room for DLC. Unless they release weapon packs (Which doesn't really sound like much since you would get 5 weapons for around a buck) there isn't really any DLC. I would enjoy it if there was some kind of CO-OP multiplayer like defend a base from mutants or something. Maybe protect a caravan from mutants and raiders, and you could have map DLCs, gamemode DLC, but other than that no DLC.

15. rex "alky'' change

rex "alky'' change Well-Known Member

maybe a DLC that contain bonus level.. :)

16. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

As Keegan pointed out, the zoom-in is not in the game. I can't believe two people thought it was. We've seen most of this footage before, including that bit but without the zoom on the watch. That was just something the creators of the video edited in to show the new watch. :p

Anyway, I agree with you about the fingerless gloves. It's really stupid. Most of the stuff in the video is pretty old footage though, so there's a high chance that this has been changed in the game since.

Also, guys, no DLC please. Unless it's free.

17. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

Bye the way the watch is not digital. It's nixie.

18. RedJacketMan

RedJacketMan Well-Known Member

Great to see a new video. I feel the same about the interface, too simplified. Customizing your gun seems very nice, but I wish it was way more expensive than shown in the video (a night vision scope - I think - for twenty rounds?). The human aspect seems pretty good though, and I loved the surrendering Nazi guy.

19. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

They probably modified this just for the purpose of the demo they showed. If not, then Metro is going to be really unbalanced and unrealistic.

20. foda500

foda500 Well-Known Member