New to Game and Forum

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Tuvac, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Tuvac

Tuvac New Member

Hi All,

New to the forum and new to the game (I did not play the first game). I've mostly been playing Diablo 3 this year, and I'm now looking forward to playing this game.

I received Metro: Last Light along with a new Laptop that I bought. The game will be played via steam (I'm not even sure if I can play it with steam). As I looked through your forum, I got very confused as to the mention of Metro 2033, an additional Ranger Mode that I can buy, Deep Silver, and 4A. Which thread would be best to start reading for the answers to these questions.

Is there a thread for beginners for basic questions such as which three guns I should start out with?

I an looking forward to being part of this small community. :D

#1 Tuvac, Jun 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2013
  2. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

Hello Tuvac, and welcome to the forums.

The ranger hardcore mode should come with your steam version of the game. It is:

Ranger mode: experience complete immersion. No HUD. Less Bullets. Brutal Combat.

An exclusive in game rifle, only for ranger mode.

100 in game military grade bullets, only for ranger mode.

Deep silver and 4A are the developers of LL, Deep silver after THQ went bankrupt.

3. Keegan83

Keegan83 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Hello and enjoy your stay in our little metro station :)
    Well, you can ask your questions here and i'm sure fellow metro dwellers will be glad to help with everything.
    Ranger hardcore is not recommended if you're playing Metro LL (or 2033 for that matter) for the first time.Metro 2033 is the first game in the series.While you don't have to play it,you'll get a beter undestanding of the world,game mechanics and various game characters throughout LL. And i know that i've said you don't have to play 2033,but...please,do. It takes some time and patience,but it's so worth it if you're willing to ovelook some gameplay shortcomings.

4. Tuvac

Tuvac New Member

Thanks

Thank you, guys. That explains a lot. I'm feeling welcomed already.

5. joenemesis

joenemesis Member

Welcome to the forum, these people are quite knowledgable and entertaining

6. Clear Sky Stalker

Clear Sky Stalker Spartan Ranger
    Regular

welcome Comrade! Enjoy you time in the metro!

7. Strider

Strider Well-Known Member

Hello chuvak!
    Metro 2033 is the prequel, I recommend you play it. It's as awesome as Metro LL.
    Hardcore Ranger mode is basically Balls to the Walls, and offers a challenge with limited HUD in order to get even more immersive.
    You may find that Metro 2033 is quite underrated.
    Ask whatever you want, we're all brothers here in the Metro.

8. Skaara Dreadlocks

Welcome, we hope you enjoy your stay here and that you enjoy the game! :D
    Metro Last Light is the same setting as Metro 2033, except it is more hyped up and more cheerful. Therefor, the ultimate experience of playing Metro2033 will be ruined if you play Last Light first. Therefor, I suggest strongly that you play Metro2033 first, it's very cheap. At occasions, many have been able to get it for free.

Also Deep Silver are not the developers of the game. 4A Games are the developers of the game. Deep Silver are just the publishers of the game.

9. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

i agree stalker i chugged through 2033 at 15fps just to get the story before last ligh also welcome to the metro mate :)

10. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

Good Skaara, you passed. Umm... I was just testing you... YES! That's what it was, a simple test,... and you passed. :clap:

11. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

WELCOME :D and hi