New Metro games coming, looking to making it more accessible for a broader audience

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by foda500, Aug 23, 2013.

1. [​IMG]

2. Clear Sky Stalker

Clear Sky Stalker Spartan Ranger
    Regular

3. Storchburp

Storchburp Well-Known Member

When I think 'broader audience', I started to think of Angry Birds instead of Call of Duty. Angry Birds: Metro would be both hilarious and terrifying.

4. rolfwar

rolfwar Well-Known Member
    Regular

To me it would be already enough if they stopped with this "Limited Edition/DLCs" bullshit...

5. Because_I'm_Batman

I think that if they made an open world it would be cool if they had a mode with permadeath like in dayz.

6. XKaan

XKaan Active Member

Give me Metro's graphics, engine, story and atmosphere in a game built like STALKER.

7. Jastreb

Jastreb Active Member

Okay, okay, talking about the next Metro, i mean c'mon, wheres the next DLC? They said that they will release their DLC's throughout the summer and the summer is over in less than a month. Every day i regret little by little for buying that season pass.

8. dOrOb

dOrOb Active Member

Thank you so much for this information, I've been really worried about ->'' look to making it more accessible for a Broader gamer audience.''

The life in the metro is not easy. So taking away the hardcore will ruin the series. M:LL is already to easy and quickaction buttons for knifes and granades -> HATE IT bring back the old WeaponSelectionSystem from M:2033 this also fits ranger mode better.

There is something special about Metro, something you wont find elsewhere.
    Do not ruin it just for the bullets (money) make it amazingly good with out dumbing down or simplify, and earn youre bullets from that.

Make it good, Make it unique, Make it hardcore.

9. Because_I'm_Batman

I'll admit, Metro: LL was a bit more focused on action and maybe even a bit easier than Metro 2033, but not so much so that it strays too far from the original. Metro: LL is still very much a Metro game and personally I love it and I think many will agree

10. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yeah, Last Light was a dissapointment for me.. action, boss fights, and a whole lotta typical hollywood moments.. *sigh

11. dOrOb

dOrOb Active Member

Could not agree more. :flypig:

But still i love it, even though they took away that 2033 feeling, (I've said it a lot now) hard core feeling. :flypig:

12. Clear Sky Stalker

Regular

Heres hoping Metro: 2035 VG doesn't turn into COD.:pray:

13. TheDarknessEnvelops

TheDarknessEnvelops Lion Triumphant

massive multiplayer open world rpg?

14. Clear Sky Stalker

Regular

I don't like MMOs.:(

15. The Last Ranger

This topic ended after Papercuter's link to the official statement.

Broader audience means making sequels, better advertising, and releasing on more platforms. Nothing wrong with any of that. I'm getting tired of these game journalists and their click-bait articles.

16. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

Please i beg you stop comparing things to COD if you want something that hasn't changed AT ALL go look at WOW,

on topic i wonder if the ranger mission was a test to see if they could go open world

17. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

MMO's wouldn't really work since their whole concept revolves around having exceptionally long kill times. Honestly, look at every MMO, and see that most of the combat turns into two players standing perfectly still, hitting each other over and over. Not exactly Metro-gritty.

Now, DayZ did do a lot of cool things to make MMO games much more gritty, managing to creatively blend the gritty fast kill times of a shooter with the open world dynamic interaction of an MMO, but it was really at its core nothing more than a giant randomized loot generator, with no sense of traditional role-playing elements or progression. Plus, connecting players all over the world means tons of glitchy and laggy moments are to be constantly expected.

Not saying it couldn't be done by any stretch of the imagination, but it certainly would be incredibly risky and very much out-of-line with the series as a whole. A Single-Player open-world game à la Fallout would be much more feasible, and even potentially much more interesting.

18. nomotog

nomotog Member

There are a lot of shooter mmos now. A metro mmo might be kind of neat. Really you could see it playing out a lot like an open world metro only with other people. It could work.

I think the best thing in a metro mmo might be crafting. The metro made weapons are kind of neat visually and I find the prospect of making them yourself to be rather awesome. You could have different metals and resources scavenged from the world that you forge into different weapon components like barrels stocks and clips. Then combine the different components to make classic or even wholly original weapons. It's the kind of thing that is hard to add a single player game because it's single player, but in an mmo crafting is practically required.

19. Shurfire

Shurfire Well-Known Member

To be honest I wouldn't mind a game setting that allowed more casual players to play it for the story as long as there were settings for the hard core players to play it too. If they can make both sides happy then they should do it.