New Metro games coming, looking to making it more accessible for a broader audience

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by foda500, Aug 23, 2013.

1. foda500

foda500 Well-Known Member

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/08/23/m...m_campaign=Feed: weblogsinc/joystiq (Joystiq)

[​IMG]

2. dOrOb

dOrOb Active Member

intresting..., as long as they dont go EA style and pump out games like idiots.

''look to making it more accessible for a broader gamer audience.''-> is that meaning dumbed down? because M:LL is already a big diference to M:2033.

For me the Metro series is the best that happend to the world of gaming, I would like a sequel... if it was made right. Made HARd coRE. ;)

The thing i hated moast with M:LL is the fast action button for granades and knifes, this was much better in M:2033 when you actually could hold knifes and granades like weapons, and it fitted Ranger Hardcore much better.

sorry for my English :lol:

Thanks for sharing :)

3. m1shooter2

m1shooter2 Well-Known Member

4. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

well this is bad :(

5. dOrOb

dOrOb Active Member

Maybe but hope for the best, its all we can do in the metro ;) right?

6. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

there is no metro in Florida! :p

7. dOrOb

dOrOb Active Member

Then you are a mutant.

8. m1shooter2

m1shooter2 Well-Known Member

I didn't really mind the changes from 2033 to LL. I hope they mean making more accessible as in making it open-world or an RPG, but we'll see.

9. nomotog

nomotog Member

"broader audience" You will not find a more loathed statement in all of gamedum except maybe revenue enhancement. Bloody heck if I know what it actually means though. Maybe it means they want to start a new story? I hope it means they want to make the game into an open world affair. I fear it means they want to remove the stealth and RPG elements well tacking on poorly thought out multiplayer to make things more like CoD.

10. Because_I'm_Batman

To be totally honest I'm just happy to hear that the world of metro will continue. I'm happy with two games , but if they wanna bring out more I won't argue. The only thing that scares me a little is that bit about the "broader audience." However I'm feeling a bit optimistic.

11. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

There's a difference between dumbing things down and broadening horizons. They just need to really draw out the gap in difficulty levels, so that people not looking for much of a challenge get what they want while us "true" Metro fans can still get their survivalist fix.

12. Keegan83

Keegan83 Well-Known Member
    Regular

As long as Gluchovsky is on board i won't mind another Metro game. And only if it's set in Russia/Moscow again. But just one more.Maybe a game that will serve as an epilogue to the series that will conclude Artyom's story arc.

13. Oh balls.

Well, I think that as long as people whine it's too hard - I'm in.

[​IMG]

14. nomotog

nomotog Member

Now I am just wondering if it's too soon to talk about what we want in a new game.

15. Clear Sky Stalker

Clear Sky Stalker Spartan Ranger
    Regular

16. tamalero

tamalero Well-Known Member

agree with dorob.. I hope they dont go the call of duty where there are almost ZERO changes between versions.
    and then they start to charge DLCs left and right like they were gold.

17. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

18. nomotog

nomotog Member

Well in that case can we get an open world metro game? It was the very first thing I thought after playing 2033 and again last light. This game would be an awesome open world game that let you explore on your own.

A more robust stealth would is next on my list. Start with giving the ability to drag and hide bodies. Also lets add some nonlethal weapons gas grenades for the people without masks and maybe sleep darts for the people with. Trip mines should be fun to have. Maybe progressively larger wire cutters could act as the metro's equivalent of lock-picks and open up alternate pathways through the world. Just more things to do in stealth would be nice. Some times it felt like the only ability I ever used in LL was the take-down punch

I would like an in depth gear based advancement system where you spend your bullets on different tools and weapons that upgrade your character. Something like spending bullets on a pair of a basic bolt cutters that let you cut your way though padlocks and open up new routs. Maybe even limits on how much gear you can carry, so you have to make choices with you want to being along extra ammo or your trench knife because your jacket only has so many pockets.

Finally I want fewer to zero scripted cinematic events. Just don't do them, or do them very sparingly. Also never force me into them.

19. Clear Sky Stalker

Clear Sky Stalker Spartan Ranger
    Regular

Kind of a tall order there man. I agree with a few of those points, but thats just not the exact kind of game I would like.

Everyone's got there preferences though.

20. TheDarknessEnvelops

TheDarknessEnvelops Lion Triumphant

I think that they could make a sort of destiny or the division type metro game with the two maps, the underground and the dead city, it would also give us the ability to investigate stations which are only talked about in the books like the university stations, are there people there or is it just a myth???