New Interview with 4A

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light Campaign Discussion' started by Von Streff, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

#1 Von Streff, Oct 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2011
  2. thuner

thuner Well-Known Member

Me too, but I believe thats the noobs who didnt get that the bullets they shoot is you money to buy stuff. xD

Lovely interview you found there! it just made my day, even when it have barley started xD

3. Nod2033

Nod2033 Well-Known Member
    Regular

y sometimes it is hard because when you are exciting for a game u want to skip the scenes skip every "warning" and just focus on the gameplay

4. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Very nice interview; those guys from 4A Game are awesome. :D Though there are two things I don't get:

1. The ammunition currency system did work!
    2. The stealth was entertaining, full of tension, realistic & unforgivable - just like it should have been and overall great.

5. vapera

vapera Well-Known Member

it looks like last light will be catering for noobs this time round

Im sorry but if you didnt understand the currency system after 10minutes then,
    you should play mario or something easier. it was a great idea. Definately should stay

if you use a bit of logic- a gasmask needs a filter. then you're ok.
    i never run out of filters, just scavenge the 100's eveywhere.

i liked the game play of metro 2033, i dont want it to be dumbed down for people who previously played cod, shoot, walk to objective, shoot again.
    explosions, finish campaign.

6. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Same here.

7. Von Streff

Regular

Yeah, I think the currency was simple and effective, the gasmask was excellent (especially in Ranger Mode) though it was a little glitchy sometimes, and finally, the stealth does need fixing. The "gray zone" needs to be brought in.

8. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

But noooo... I loved the stealth. :p

9. vapera

vapera Well-Known Member

eh i think the stealth could be improved upon, but they shouldnt make the tweaks too major

10. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Exactly - there's always room for improvement, but they don't need to completely re-design it.

11. Von Streff

Regular

No, it did work nicely until you were spotted. What I want is the ability to lose them, and flank them, (kinda like in Farcry 2?). I think the light-meter on the watch works very well, and the sound is good.

12. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

That's a good point. To be honest, I totally overlooked that flaw. Still I think I'd rather let them fight me till I die or kill them, instead of them just forgetting about me or giving up chase easily.

13. amd955ben560

amd955ben560 Well-Known Member

If the currency system goes away this game will LOSE 80% of its originality.

Or probably 60%

The rest will go away if you remove scavenging for gas filters.

14. amd955ben560

amd955ben560 Well-Known Member

Far Cry 2 had a very big map where losing the enemy was possible, but if you want to lose the enemy in metro, you're going to need a huge map, and some local rumors. For example: there is a dark tunnel in one station, and you run into it, then the pursuers leave you thinking "the tunnel must have taken him", same on the surface "thats the mutants lair, no way he'll survive".

Both of the above are likely to be found, hence the losing them part doesn't fit, whereas flanking is already there. There are several ways to attack or to slip away unnoticed.

15. Ranger_of_the_new_world

Ranger_of_the_new_world Well-Known Member

Well stealth system really needed moe clever IQ, because it was to unforgiving, for example if you missed a shot or trowing knife all enemies would know where you are even if the enemy you trowed that knife or shoot bullet doesnt say a word. The other thing is that you could get spotted even being under lets say sand bags or barrels and sometimes in the dark you coulndt get spotted even if the enemy was 5 metres away and you could see him clearly. And for the bullets system it was good at first, but its gets boring after a while when you accidently hold your realond key 1 sec to long in a combat and you start shooting your 'gold ammo' and then see you have only 20 bullets to buy yourself supplies. Well this happened to me when i first time played Metro 2033 and no, im not CoD fan i prefer Battlefield

16. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

If any of it goes the game will no longer be a survival game. It will be another bland shooter. But even in the interview which got pulled from YouTube Huw said that survival is still part of Metro.

17. Teddy Picker

Teddy Picker Well-Known Member

All I want for the stealth system is reliability. A lot of times on stealth-based levels an enemy spotting you would be extremely unreliable.

In terms of currency, so help me if they change it I will punch whoever it is responsible.

18. Paradigm-Spirit

I love the currency system (You want a kebab? That's fifteen bullets...fifteen lives), didn't care for the stealth cause I hardly used it, absolutely loved the gas mask system because it added tension and a great sense of realism. I'm glad they are not changing that. Besides that, the graphics look sooooo awesome. :D I saw a picture of a graphically improved Bastard gunning down a Nazi. The picture was entitled "Never wash your eyes again." XD

19. Sgt Darkman

Sgt Darkman Member

this was a good post i read it thru and i got a better grip on the over all game