New Hero: Chromie

Discussion in 'Heroes of the Storm' started by ADE001, May 10, 2016.

1. ADE001

ADE001 Member
    Regular

Blizzard announced two new heroes this week. The first of the two, Chromie, will be released next week. Medivh has also been announced and will probably follow 3 weeks after Chromie following Blizzard's release schedule for Heroes of the Storm.

Chromie is currently playable on the test environment. She has some interesting abilities but the feeling I get is "yet another mage". Medivh looks far more interesting to me. What do you guys think?

2. Sworden

Sworden Well-Known Member
    Regular

Hmm, she looks interesting and her skins are pretty cool. I'm a big fan of the asthetic, as she is a dragon, so it's cool seeing the afterimages when she uses her abilities.

Abilities wise, you're right that there really isn't anything too special, but a high skill cap mage is always appreciated.

3. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Not a big fan of the "no AoE marker" for that dragon ability. All other heroes have them... Yeah doesn't seem too different from Kaelthras... dmg spell, aoe damage spell, a little crowd control.

4. Azrile

Azrile Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think because she is a popular character in WOW, they are counting on a lot of people want to play her, so they don´t necessarily need to make her abilities that amazing. I think when they add lesser known character, maybe that is when they decide they need to add interesting new mechanisms or abilities.

5. ADE001

ADE001 Member
    Regular

Well Medivh is coming up next. Also quite a well known character from the Warcraft lore, but he has quite some new and interesting abilities. I believe his travel form is turning into a crow where you can fly over any terrain and not be attacked while doing it. I'm not sure where Chromie would currently fit in but I guess you are right, she is popular enough to get some decent sales.

6. erook7878

erook7878 Well-Known Member
    Regular

The skins are pretty solid. I'm interested to see what she specializes in. It'll be interesting to see another dragon in the game.