New Gameplay - Dark Ones?

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light Campaign Discussion' started by Teddy Picker, May 28, 2012.

1. Ranger_of_the_new_world

Ranger_of_the_new_world Well-Known Member

Why they are so cute when they are little and so mindblowing when they are all grown up, if you know what i mean :eyebrows:

2. Pip314

Pip314 Well-Known Member

Haha I don't think they should be cute-ish looking like that. I hope the final model is just as terrifying as the adults were. (They irked me because they resembled the aliens from the movie Signs, which freaked me out when I was little.)

3. Ranger_of_the_new_world

Ranger_of_the_new_world Well-Known Member

Yeah i know that movie, but i didnt watch it. It was the one with Mel Gibson as farmer right :D. Well for me Dark Ones were always cute no matter if adult or a child. i think because i played Dead Space and other games that really changed my opinion about "scary things" :D

For example: this is scary
    [​IMG]

Oh and those big little dark ones eyes reminds me of:

[​IMG]

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWW

4. Dyp100

Dyp100 Well-Known Member

I think the plane flashback has more to do with physic energy, for example the gated room with Bourbon.

But they did hint that Dark Ones were going to be some kinda enemy, which would make sense, considering it only makes sense not all of them were at their hive at the time.

Perhaps the end boss will be against a Dark One? Who knows, but I hope we see more of them. Especially considering children Dark Ones have been found in concept art, maybe we'll see some of their smaller homes. Maybe Artyom gets to try make it up to them.

In the end, want to bet you have to pick between Miller and the Dark Ones? Who could say no to those cute, baby eyes and creepy grey skin?

#44 Dyp100, Jun 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2012
  5. DarkCougar555

DarkCougar555 Well-Known Member

Am I only one who think the first image looks too much of alien predator from one of horror movies that is not really related to the original species at all? Personally, I like the second image because he does look more original Dark One because he should be look like if he is a little child. It is not because how cute or scary he is, or something like that. Maybe, I am just for realistic fictional creatures...

6. Teddy Picker

Teddy Picker Well-Known Member

Technically, these images are leaked, so I won't comment any more, but DarkCougar is right; it's too alien-y.

7. DarkCougar555

His wounded hand...

I guess he could be protected by his parent from creatures? Or, he is being chased and got himself hurt? Something fishy about his poor hand...

8. Beebopa

Beebopa Well-Known Member

Yeah i don't think dark ones are known for their medical skills. My guess is a human did that. I think it might have had his fingers "clipped" to prevent psychic powers. (Going off info from the book that says they use their fingers for most psysic stuff)

9. Gunnar

Gunnar New Member

Well, it's never explained in the game how the Dark Ones are even able to communicate with Artyom (without driving him insane/killing him). Perhaps Artyom, while not a "next step" in evolution, possesses abilities beyond that of the ordinary human, abilities similar to those of the Dark Ones.

10. Strelok

Strelok Well-Known Member

Artyom's ability to withstand the psychic anomalies in the tunnel is what makes him able to recive communication from the dark ones without going insane.

11. Lagtagbag

Lagtagbag Well-Known Member

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't it say in the book that some in the metro posess some kind of "tunnel-seeing" whihc helps them sense anomalies and other psychic thingies?

12. Shade

Shade Member

I remember something like that. But it remains a truth that Artyom has a special affinity with Dark Ones, being the only one who can bear their thought without going crazy makes him a valuable asset to them.

I just hope they are not too mad at him because of the nukes :O

13. Dyp100

Dyp100 Well-Known Member

Oh no, in fact they've prepared quite a bit of cake for you in Last Light.

So much in fact they want you to drown in it.

14. CrossFeast

CrossFeast New Member

I really hope that there will be some Dark Ones left,
    so many questions that remain unanswered.

15. DarkCougar555

I seconded that. Also, I want to know how their psychic and telepathic abilities (seemingly) can mentally control humans while humans "are in" their dream-like vision. I believe I did mention about their powers in the another thread. Importantly, how they did survive the Great War 2013, too.

If they were humans once, then how come they don't have any name?

I can go on more questions, lol.