Neverwinter Hits 2.1 Million Users on Xbox One

Discussion in 'Dungeons and Dragons Online' started by Jeff Bowles, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Jeff Bowles

Jeff Bowles Member

2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

That's pretty cool. I played this game briefly but I wasn't able to get into it. Hopefully you guys have a lot of fun playing Neverwinter, it's a pretty good game and I'm glad it gets the recognition that it deserves!

Jeff Bowles likes this.
  3. Jeff Bowles

Jeff Bowles Member

Is it really good? Cool, thanks FuZyOn. Yeah, I've been trying to encourage her to play it all day but we've been having power outages, lol. I'll let her know it's a good one. Any thoughts on the kind of experience it is as just a free-to-play, without actually spending money for in-game commodities and such? I'm a writer, so we're always on a budget. Good news is, though, thanks to the influence of the PC and Mobile gaming models, getting good game experiences on consoles for cheap has never been this good.

4. Azrile

Azrile Well-Known Member
    Regular

This should probably be in the forum for Neverwinter, not DDO, but since they both share the D&D brand, I guess it is ok. Neverwinter is probably much better for the console than most MMORPGs because it is heavy action, and fast button pressing. DDO is not.

5. ISKMogul

ISKMogul Well-Known Member

This isn't actually DDO, Neverwinter is a different game. Nonetheless, it's still quite impressive for ann MMO, especially a F2P one to get that kind of saturation on a console. What really matters though is whether or not Cryptic/PWE are able to maintain the user numbers at a decent level over the long term. A drop will most certainly happen in a few weeks. It's just a matter of how bad it will be that gives us a measure of how well the game can hold new player interest, especially past the initial phase of fascination that new players have.