My Second HMV: "drowning."

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Potarto, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

After yet another stupid amount of time and effort, I got my second video out. This one's a little bit less light-hearted and moves very quickly, especially near the end, but I'm overall pretty satisfied with how most of it turned out.

[youtube]YusFoQBx5Aw[/youtube]

Hope you guys enjoy, leave a like if you did. :)

2. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I don't know what it's supposed to be or if there is a message I missed, but it was pretty cool regardless. Very well choreographed and edited together, entertaining too - I found the parts that mimicked everyday stuff (like going to the pub or being stuck in traffic) but in Halo quite funny and very well made. The only aspect I didn't like is the music, which really isn't my style, but I guess that's ok because it's the only part you didn't make yourself anyway. :p Overall it reminds me of some of the interesting stuff people make in Gmod, but obviously created using Halo instead. Liked.

3. Left several, keep up the good work! :D

4. Potarto

Well thanks.

In terms of a message, as in a moral to the story? There is none. A guy loses his job, gets in a fight with his girlfriend, gets drunk with friends, finds out he's losing his house, and robs a clearly important giant tower full of giant money with a giant money sign on it (couldn't figure out what it exactly should specifically be, as in a business, bank, whatever, so I just left it kinda vague in hopes that it worked) with his team of heisting friends, as seen in the last video. At the end, the cops ambush his team, with a cliffhanger that's left to be resolved in part two.

It was generally meant to have a more serious and darker tone. Hopefully the parts that were a bit silly by nature (due to the limitations of the engine) didn't detract from that too much. And yeah, I've kind of figured at this point that we aren't going to share many tastes in music. :p Thanks anyways for giving it a look and your thoughts.

Aww shucks, you know how to treat a girl right. :rolleyes:

5. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

Hahaha, yeah, this was quite good. Some of the effect were cool too -like the double vision blurry halo people (sorry, I don't know what they're called :p).

Although, just like Bamul, I wan't a fan of the music. The video fits the lyrics of the song, though. Actually, I gave the video a second look, after initially watching it yesterday, and I didn't mind the music this time around. I gave you a like :D.

6. Potarto

I don't either, it was just supposed to be an implied firefight to make the argument interesting, and like you pointed out, fit with the lyrics (which I literally just stole the idea from).

And the music is a little bit grey in terms of sticking to any genre, I just hoped it fit the theme. And glad it worked on the second go around.

Much appreciated, buddy.