Music in the game

Discussion in 'Battleborn' started by daredevil, Mar 23, 2016.

1. daredevil

daredevil Well-Known Member
    Regular

Are you guys hoping for different music in various map locations? I am! Although it might be a bit difficult, I am pretty much appreciative of games that vary the music depending on the location. I like having different music or songs for different areas of the game. Do you think Gearbox will vary the music for different locations? Or settle for just one music overall?

2. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think they will definitely give us different tracks for different regions. The game will have a full OST for sure, judging by Gearboxes previous work.

3. mett1982

mett1982 Active Member
    Regular

I have faith in Gearbox that they will have a full soundtrack for this game which will involve different music for each location that your character is on. The music that I have heard so far for this game is really cool and interesting. It's definitely different from other games that I have played and I can't wait to see what else they have in store for us.

4. daredevil

Regular

Yay! Thank you for this guys! Yeah, Gearbox is definitely a good developer, they do maintain the quality of their games. I'm guessing the music will be a part of it as well. If the music is that good, I'm going to buy the OST CD, if they do have one, lol. Here's a sneak preview of the music:

5. Patrickz

Patrickz Well-Known Member
    Regular

More OST is definitely a good thing, it gets repetitive hearing the same music over and over again on one map.

6. daredevil

Regular

I'm with you on that stand. It gets especially repetitive when you're playing the game for many hours already. I usually turn off the music with games that hurt my ear because of the same music over and over again. I'm just hopeful with Battleborn though. I found another music video of the game:

The thing is, not a lot of games nowadays put a focus on the music. It's such a shame since having good music on the game can add to their popularity and legacy.

7. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member
    Regular

I haven't played any of their previous games so I don't know what to expect but I do hope that they provide different soundtracks to give each a different mood. These days I think it would be considered lazy not to do so, to be completely honest, so I am guessing that they probably will provide many variations.

8. Patrickz

Patrickz Well-Known Member
    Regular

Borderland's soundtrack was pretty well done, although I think Battleborn might do with some more futuristic-sounding beats.

9. daredevil

Regular

I have played the open beta. The verdict on the music? It's okay. It didn't resonate much or made me hum to its music. Lol. I don't know... Maybe I was just too into playing the game. You'll have to listen to it guys so I know it wasn't just me here.

I had high hopes but sadly, it didn't fare well. Despite that, Battleborn is still a good game. I don't know though if the music would be included in their updates. I doubt it.

10. erook7878

erook7878 Well-Known Member
    Regular

The music is alright for different sequences. It doesn't blow me away like other soundtracks. I don't think it's all that important for MOBA style games.

DeeDee likes this.
  11. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member
    Regular

I love MOBA music because it hypes up my gameplay if the music is good which on most cases it is, thankfully. I'm rarely a purist in most things but this is the one area I don't like messing too much with for some reason. Even when I watch streams I prefer when they don't replace the in game music with their own but it's understandable since they play the game everyday.

12. erook7878

erook7878 Well-Known Member
    Regular

The music in these types of games are great because they usually match up to the game play. Outise of that, I'm not really a huge fan of that style of music. Most of Battleborn's background music isn't even really music. They are just sort of like a lull or sound effect in the background.

13. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member
    Regular

Me too, I'm actually not that much of a fan of medieval or fantastical themes myself but I've always been kind of a purist in that I prefer the experience to be as original as possible even with other games in other genres. I have yet to try battle born though so if it really is boring then it might be the exception for me haha.

14. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think the soundtrack really makes the game feel a little more immersive, as it sets the mood for that specific map, and would make you react instinctively during the game. Adding outside music would really ruin the mood and immersion, as it would take you out of the game's focus, as you will be more concerned about the off beats of the songs rather than playing the game itself. I for one, have never found a game with weird or inappropriate songs, most, if not all of them have really great music appropriate for their games and the genre they wanted to portray.

15. daredevil

Regular

@OursIsTheFury

I also feel the same way, music in the game can actually help in making it more like an overall experience. There were times that I tried giving a game's music a chance and stuck with it despite it not being my taste at all. But most of the time, I'd just turn off the music when it just bothers me. But I don't really listen to other songs anymore since I find it distracting.

But when a game has great music, it can certainly enhance the gameplay, at least for me. I find myself humming to the game's music if it's particularly catchy. And sometimes, I would even download the music for my smartphone if I would like to listen to it offline.

For me, the music of a game is very important. And if the developers actually took the time to create that music, I think it can greatly impact their game as well.

16. JFranky00

JFranky00 Member

Yes!!! I would hope that they use different music for different locations. Having different music in different locations would make it feel more unique and a little more entertaining after playing for several hours as one user mentioned.

17. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think it would be stupid if they didn't, I'm sure the current music doesn't for every map so they have to give us more soundtracks. (I'm a little blunt here simply because I love the music in the game and I want more)

18. gonemorp

gonemorp Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yes, you are right. They should release more music so that it becomes interesting to play the game.

19. gonemorp

gonemorp Well-Known Member
    Regular

The flow of the game should match the music of the game. The music should depend upon the situation and the current music stimulates it very well.

20. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yeah they do have eat music so I am also hoping they provide more variety in the future. I'm sure they a re working on it and hopefully they will have a different one for every map.