Quantcast

Multiplayer

Discussion in 'Civilization VI' started by Belovedad, Jun 11, 2016.

1. AxelR

AxelR Member Regular

I've always loved competing online and Civilization isn't any different for me. But I have to admit that I like the change of the pace they're planning. It will allow people to quicker see the outcome of their games and will create bigger somewhat competitive community.

2. Jaydon A.

Jaydon A. Member Regular

The multiplayer mode for Civ 6 seems to be a lot better than in the previous installments. I wonder how it will compare in terms of mechanics and functionality...

3. theGIJST

theGIJST Well-Known Member Regular

I'm looking forward to trying it. It's not that bad in Civ V, in my opinion, but the game is just too long to play it with your friends. When I want to play the game, I want to play it right now. With Multiplayer, I have to wait till my friend(s) are Online, and then I have to wait for them to be in the mood so we can continue the game.

4. qag

qag Well-Known Member Regular

I will probably try out the multiplayer, but I wouldn't say that I'm looking forward to it. Like mentioned in this thread, the game just takes way too long to play and getting friends together for that long can be quite the challenge.

5. Jaydon A.

Jaydon A. Member Regular

Yeah that part can be a bit frustrating. I will probably just stick to playing offline, by myself for now. At least until I get a few more friends to join me in Civilization.

6. Nelfy

Nelfy Member Regular

I have very rarely played Civ on Multiplayer with my friends. Civ is mostly a game that I enjoy playing by myself and taking my sweet time with it. Knowing that people are in line waiting for me to finish my turn is something that frustrates me in a way and ultimately affects my gameplay. Sure, towards the end of the game, when your civilisation is all high and mighty it becomes easier to end your turn but until then, there are so many things and decisions to take into consideration, and, personally, as I mentioned before, I like to enjoy the game at my own pace and take my time with it. Making the games quicker I don't feel is a viable option, because Civ is all about investment and smart development, and by rushing it you take away half of its purpose. It is hard to say what would be a good manner to approach this Multiplayer option for Civ, but I do feel that there has to be one in order to motivate players to take their maps and strategies to an online and competitive environment.

7. Hectic

Hectic New Member

Honestly, I won't be surprised whatsoever if the multiplayer is as broken as Civ 5's is. I've tried playing with my friends on numerous occasions, and the game really isn't fun when we have to reset the game every 10 turns, due to some stupid bug which stops people from ending their turns. Sometimes, resets don't fix the issue and we are eventually forced to scrap the game and start over.

However, if they manage to fix it and create a stable, working multiplayer mode for Civ 6, it will probably be all that my friends and I play for a long time to come.

8. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member Regular

I trust them to see where they messed up and I'm hopeful for a good multiplayer mode. The issues wouldn't take too long to fix but they probably didn't care as much for the multiplayer mode in Civ 5.

9. iRoxas

iRoxas Member Regular

I think multiplayer would add a lot of value into the game, since it's not just yourself. Although I do agree with Vall, it's a lot more fun to play with friends than with strangers on the internet.

10. NormaD

NormaD Active Member Regular

I tend to go for single player modes and I don't see that changing in the future. Multiplayer modes often take too long to finish and I lack the patience to wait on someone else in a turn based strategy game. That is soooo frustrating to me. I'd really rather just go it alone.

11. Mistiq

Mistiq Member Regular

I have no patience for the multi player mode. I am perfectly happy playing single mode and if I have to play with my friends I tend to find those sessions super frustrating because I hate waiting on someone to make their decision.

12. gamer2x

gamer2x Member Regular

Normally, in other games I like the multi-player mode. but there are a few issues here which might crop up in the multi-player game like:

• Time required
    • Diplomacy options provided for multi-player if any
    If they are able to reduce the time which is required, I am sure it would be a great success. As for the second option, it is more of a wish rather then a feature which is a must have.

13. matchv

matchv Well-Known Member Regular

Yeah, it would be interesting. The idea of a multiplayer version of the game is impressive. I hope the developers will release the multiplayer version of the game. Let's just wait till the actual release.

14. matchv

matchv Well-Known Member Regular

That is a good thought.lol! I also used to think the same thing about this game but I think that is a wrong belief because playing the game with friends is much more interesting than playing the game alone.

15. Casiox

Casiox Well-Known Member Regular

I only like playing the multiplayer mode with friends so we can just agree to quit the game and nothing happens, it's just to have a little bit of fun because if I try to play with someone else like a random person, it would definitely take forever to finish a match and therefore would get really boring at some point of the match, I definitely prefer playing with a friend of mine 1v1 or cooperatively, that's my opinion though.

16. SirJoe

SirJoe Well-Known Member Regular

That is true but sometimes it's the only real option. To get all your friends together to play the game can really be a challenge.

17. ad.mike2016

ad.mike2016 Member Regular

Civilization is one of those games that is hard to play multiplayer mode with online. You could play this as a sort of chess through the mail type game but the time it would take would most likely be tremendous. I played multiplayer Civ V a couple of times over the internet but ended up leaving the game as it was way to long and sadly I could not devote the time necessary for the game. I will say it seems that all games now are geared towards the online multiplayer experience and there is something to be said for playing a single player game. I think it speaks to the caliber of the Civilization series.

18. krnd

krnd Well-Known Member Regular

I think though the Civ franchise gears more towards the single player experience they should have been investing by now into new technologies that allow for a Civ multiplayer experience, even if it isn't 100% the game we've grown to love in single player.

19. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member Regular

in Civ 2 was the best multiplayer option

20. Casiox

Casiox Well-Known Member Regular

You're somewhat right, but I do not really think you still can play it online, you would have to play it with yourself because I doubt people still play it nowadays.