Multiplayer Update

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by Teddy Picker, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Hoenkoper

Hoenkoper Well-Known Member

Ok.

2. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Actually, CD Projekt is one of the very few developers who have my full support, due to their awesomeness. Also, I do not classify free updates as DLC. To me, they are two completely different things. A free update from the likes of CD Projekt RED is something that enriches the experience and supports the game a long time after its release, whilst paid DLC = milking money from gamers. Sorry, I forget that not everyone looks at it this way, but that is what I meant. ;)

Cerberus, that is so true that it's sad.

3. VanillaToshi

VanillaToshi Well-Known Member

Because there's no multiplayer? Pathetic.

4. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

I think this is an excellent article and very relevant to this thread.

It's a tough one...... With Gear(s) I only cared about SP because the script was excellent and it had an exceptional campaign. The same was for Bioshock, Singularity, Alan Wake etc.

There definitely is a market for campaign only games, but if we the consumer want value for money then developers need to find a way to ensure re-play value and enough longevity from Day 1 without adding on DLC tat for a price.

The problem is that whilst multiplayer isn't a bad thing the market is saturated with the same/similar game modes and other developers can make them better and have established a long history of success and thus a loyal fan base.

Developers who want to dip into MP have to nail it and make it perfect from the get go or make something totally original. I think that is why Nazi zombies for example was a massive hit and DayZ and games like Binary Domain, Crysis 2, Homefront weren't popular online.

Games based on single player imo are strengthened by co-op. Not only does it make the game sociable but adds to "achievements" and extends the games life.

5. VanillaToshi

For the majority of Gears of War players, the series is made up of strictly single-player games.

I hated the Gears of War multiplayer.

Also I can't tell if you meant DayZ wasn't popular online? Because it's getting more pupular everyday.

Co-Op has to be done right. The Co-Op on BF3 was pretty fucking terrible to be honest but the Co-Op on a game like Conflict:Vietnam was awesome.

6. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

Nazi zombies and DayZ were massive hits because they were unique. Games like Binary Domain, Crysis 2, Homefront weren't popular online because the market is already saturated with similar games which can do the same thing better.

#86 majnu, Oct 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2012
  7. VanillaToshi

Nazi zombies is terrible but I agree with what you have said though.

I'm rather looking forward to GTA5 and trying out it's multiplayer. GTA4 wasn't great compared to the other GTA games but I love annoying everyone online because they all suck and they get ridiculously angry when you kill them, even though they have the option to turn friendly fire off before they find a game, it's all I do in my spare time other than play Metro of course.
    It gets even better if it's someone flying a chopper because if you manage to shoot the pilot out or blow them up they get so angry you'd think they will have a heart attack. It's because they're not used to people being able to kill them unless you're in a chopper.

^sorry about off topic just thought i'd share one of my great loves. Trolling GTA players.

Oh and I just remembered where I was going with that up there. The multiplayer on GTA is still popular because it's one of the only games where you can basically do what you want for example free run, steal cars and have crazy high speed shoot outs or just run from alley to alley dodging faggot clan members who you kill over and over but don't seem to realise they just aren't good enough :') Any game similar to GTA like Saints Row just isn't the same. GTA 4 has realism and arcade style gameplay but it combines to make something pretty awesome IMO.

#87 VanillaToshi, Oct 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2012
  8. Cheaptricks

Cheaptricks Well-Known Member

I'm rotfl:pop2::laugh:

9. TheJollyRedRanger

TheJollyRedRanger Well-Known Member

Thats why I'm all for Co-op with other people I think that would be fun!

10. Dyp100

Dyp100 Well-Known Member

Well, that's not very nice, making fun of my user name like that. (Not like I haven't heard that one, though.)

Either way, you're juding 4A by other developers. Not good sign of you putting your trust into them. While some people don't agree that DLC can be free developers like CD Projekt, as was pointed out, is doing rather well.

Either way, at this point I don't care I just wanna see new footage.

#90 Dyp100, Oct 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2012
  11. Mr_Timma

Mr_Timma Well-Known Member

Yeah btu you see crysis 2 wasnt a new "game" the series had been around longer than those titles, so the majoirty of crysis fans bought the game btu myself did not like it very much Mp wise crysis 1 ftw :p

12. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

Crysis came out later on the consoles as an Arcade title. The first Crysis game I played was Crysis 2 on the XBOX 360.

But now I have a PC and part of the Master Race :lol:

13. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

Yeah crysis 1 was dumbed down gamplay wise on tge consoles. I mean no super speed really