Multiplayer Update

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by Teddy Picker, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Why, of course! That is a brilliant idea! Segregate the older elite from the young peasantry - purity in the metro!

PS: I am 15.

2. cerberus

cerberus Well-Known Member

Ooo, brilliant idea indeed! I'll make the armbands! I was thinking of a six-pointed star logo? All in favour say HEIL!

3. BORIS13

BORIS13 Well-Known Member

Lol Bamul. Anyway I'm kinda disappointed as well but look on the bright side. What made 2033 a wonderful game? The story and single player. So they will focus more on the story to modify it and make it better. If they add a dock later on for multīplayer then that would be awesome. But hey. The fact that there won't be any multiplayer in LL doesn't make it any worse. It give them the chance to improve on single player and make it better.

4. BORIS13

BORIS13 Well-Known Member

5. Teddy Picker

Teddy Picker Well-Known Member

6. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

How much money did THQ invest for MP, considering 4A were working on it for over a year?

To scrap it to now and focus on Single Player either means that they have got a lack of resources in the single player department and have shifted resources; Or they have fallen behind development.

It is poor from THQ and 4A to back track on Multiplayer now, since they have mentioned it not only to the fans but to all online reviewers and at Gaming Exhibitions.

I'm not doubting LL will be a good game, but will it be great? Paying £40 for a 8 hour linear shooter only game is not value for money.

This is one of the questions I asked Joe ages ago, "What are you doing to ensure re-play value in LL?" In 2033 you have different modes (Ranger Hardcore) which could be a reason to re-play the game again but is that enough?

I will buy the game, but probably during the Steam sales now. Let's wait to hear from THQ now.

#46 majnu, Oct 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2012
  7. TheJollyRedRanger

TheJollyRedRanger Well-Known Member

I'm really sorry to say this but I really think we are to fault or we were a factor in their decision to not put MP in the shipping game. I also feel that 4A HAS TO PUT IN MULTIPLAYER, many of you and myself would be greatly dissapointed if multiplayer was not put in the game as some DLC!

8. TheJollyRedRanger

TheJollyRedRanger Well-Known Member

this this this

9. Pip314

Pip314 Well-Known Member

No comment.

10. Cheaptricks

Cheaptricks Well-Known Member

Nice post teddy. Wouldn't have known without you man! +1 forum mastery

I think this is the right choice for the development. Most Metro fans will agree that the single player factor of the game, the story line is what makes Metro, Metro.

Focusing on single player with no-doubt improve the game and further cater to the TRUE FANS.

I had mixed feelings about the multiplayer in the game to be honest and I am relived to see them withdraw.

Release MP as DLC and then we won't strangle the developers when they fail miserably at delivering quality multiplayer......:p;)

11. Thane

Thane Well-Known Member

Game development is just not as easy as i think some of you assume. Its like building a
    a skyscraper, except the architect doesn't speak the language of the builders very well and if the design of the sides of it don't look the way they wanted, they still have to build it first to see.

12. rolfwar

rolfwar Well-Known Member
    Regular

I may feel offended, since you imply that if we want MP we are not "true fans" of the Metro series.

13. cerberus

^ To quote the great Cerberus:

#53 cerberus, Oct 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2012
  14. Skaara Dreadlocks

Anyone can be a fan wether he doesn't even finish it, or play it a trizillion times. There's nothing called 'true fans', we're all fans of the metro. Some more, some less.

15. Cheaptricks

Cheaptricks Well-Known Member

The true fans of Metro shouldn't care if there is MP or not. That was my point. Not to put anybody down or anything like that.

The more compassionate fans expect a rich and immersive singleplayer gameplay experience.

16. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

Okay I just realized as long as the sp is 12 hour and,as good as 2033 then im goood :). But mp as a free dlc would rock. But I hope there is some kind of hidden mode for only the best in sp

17. rolfwar

rolfwar Well-Known Member
    Regular

I didn't say that i care only about MP,i said that i wished that to a good SP (which i still expect from 4A) a good MP was added.

what do you mean by that?

18. Remer

Remer Active Member

I'm very happy that they decided to cut multiplayer. Really guys? Metro is a story-driven experience. Everyone here knows that the multiplayer would've been enjoyable at best for about a month or less. Take a look at every other game that decided to add multiplayer to a story game... and failed miserably.

Crysis 2
    Dead Space 2
    Far Cry 2
    Mass Effect 3

And that is just off the top of my head. Now 4A can reallocate those resources and put them into the scripting, dialogue, graphics, coding, combat, AI... And if we're lucky, this decision could add 3 to 4 hours to the game.

19. Rilence

Rilence Active Member

I was looking forward to seeing the MP, but I don't consider it a huge loss. The singleplayer is obviously the strong point of this series, not multiplayer. And it's what I've been anticipating the most.

With that said, I do hope they add multiplayer as a DLC (mainly co-op). That'd be very cool.

20. cerberus