Multiplayer-modes, factions

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Concerns' started by Mediaprobe, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Mediaprobe

Mediaprobe Well-Known Member

COnsidering every sequel has multiplayer, lets look at sides, factions and what modes there might be.

Factions:

4th Reich- Cod5 had playable nazis in MP, so this could happen as they are important story element
    Maps: underground/tunnels, above ground, Nazi rally area (like in Demo)
    modes- Slayer, CTF, Assault, 8 player Invasion.
    VS: red army

Red army/Communist- a side that i feel needs more coverage. enemies of the reich.
    Maps- underground, above ground, D6 excavation (a map that shows attepts to uncover other parts of D6, research, weapons etc.
    modes- Slayer, CTF, Assault, 8 player Invasion.
    Vs. Nazis

Children of the underground- good old mutant killers.
    maps- tunnels, stations,defence lines
    Modes- Survival/Defence(vs mutants) vs defence, CTF (defence), Invasion (defence) raid (defence)
    Vs.mutants, bandits,nazis

Bandits- good old bandits.
    Maps- Tunnels, Abandoned station, bandit camp, station ruins
    modes- raid*,
    vs.COTU, Polis

Polis-that city.
    Maps- polis guard post, polis central, tunnels
    Modes- Invasion, survival, raid (defence) defence, Vs defence
    Vs.bandits, nazis, mutants

Mutants- Playable a la L4D? If it works
    Maps- tunnels, polis guard post, defence lines
    modes- Vs defence, defence
    vs. COTU, polis

ill add more detail later :3

also, first post here!

2. Nod2033

Nod2033 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Welcome to the Metro,get geared up and be ready,a question where did you get all these info?

3. BORIS13

BORIS13 Well-Known Member

i think he made it up. what might be in multiplayer..but this would be aweosme if they had all this

4. Vlad

Vlad Well-Known Member

Get your shit toghether, its killin time.

5. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

Multiplayer will be interesting, and 4A says they still haven't really decided what exactly they are going to do, so hopefully they know about this site! :)

6. BORIS13

luster shud like introduce this site to them. email or mail them.

7. Von Streff

Regular

For sure. I think 4A could get a really good idea of what people want, and kinda work around that (as well as what Glukhovsky/4A wants!)

8. BORIS13

indeed, if video game companies listen to fans and what the fans want they will make a way better game which will be more fun, more interesting, and moer amazing

9. Von Streff

Regular

To a point.

I have often thought about the planning behind a game, and what we want from a game. Sometimes we don't really know what we want from a game, even if we think we do. The game designers have a real challenge: they have to see what the gamers really want, and at the same time produce something very unique and surprising.

But yes, I think most of us are unanimous on certain points (which have been posted throughout this forum). :) Just my thoughts.

10. Mediaprobe

Mediaprobe Well-Known Member

this is a suggestion, in the suggestion forum :3

11. BORIS13

howabout they have a mode called.

Raid
    Where you are on a team (Bandits,nazis,reds,etc.) and you are taking over a station with a team thats defending it? (like the rangers, civilians, bandits, polis guards, etc.)?​

12. Deimos

Deimos Well-Known Member

I want kind of RPG system... you know, open world, something like Borderlands, you can buy things and travel wheever you want... Example: You are living on Riga station... and you can get to the Sevastopolskaja, exploring all other stations... If they would made it like this... it would be the awesomest shit in this fucking galaxy.

13. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

you didnt play nazis in cod world at war you played the normal german army

14. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

whatever 4a decide to bring I hope it's fresh and interesting

15. Von Streff

Regular

Yes, same here. But seeing that they made Metro 2033, I don't really see how they could go wrong! :)

16. BORIS13

17. the1stwasted

the1stwasted Member

I just hope there is no ranking system/unlocks.

This system has totally destroyed MP games, as all anyone cares about is getting to the top of the board, and unlocking everything.

Also, if there are different modes, then objective type games should not count kills and deaths, it should only count completed objectives/defends.
    Too many people go into objective type games and play death match style to pad their KDR.

This is the main reason I have all but quit playing MP, unless its co-op, such as Killingfloor.

18. Darkbringer

Darkbringer Huntsman

I do not agree on this. It hasn't destroyed MP Games IMO. For example MoH Multiplayer was shit because you just had a certain weapon, based on your faction, no customization. And BF2 as well. And what is the point in not being able to see your kills and deaths? I agree on that it shouldn't be what you got points for, or at least only a little bit, but why not be able to see your kills and deaths? Who will be defending the flags, bases etc. If they only get points for capturing?

Just sayin' :)

19. the1stwasted

the1stwasted Member

The point is players joining an Obj type game, and then doing nothing but killing.
    I see it all the time: Player caps point A, player from other team runs in, kills defending player, and then runs off to get the next kill leaving the Obj still under other teams control.

It is easy to pad your KDR doing this as there are places where players have to get to and then wait and defend, and it also makes it easier to rank up and get the unlocks. Even if the kills and deaths were shown but not scored, there would still be some players doing it to up thier e-peen.

When CS first came out players more often than not tried to plant the bomb/ rescue Hostages, but things slowly changed, and most games turned into TDM.

If a player only wants to kill, then they should be playing DM or TDM, not a mode that is based on capture and defend.

Points could be awarded for capping an objective, and defending. They could incorperate an area around the Obj that would count any player in that area as defending, then, any kills the defending player gets while in that area would be scored as a "Defend", and, or, killing an opposing team member inside the Obj area under your teams control, regardless of where you are, would count as a defend, that way Snipers will still be usefull.
    But, running into the enemies point, killing 3 players, and then running off without capping the Obj would count as nothing, just as camping the spawn points would not count anything.

A system such as this would completely remove players wanting to play DM style, Run and Gun, and spawn camping due to kills not being counted, and would force them to play the game mode/type correctly.

IMO, MP games were much better when everyone had the same load out based on class, as the field was even, and player skill had more to do with a good score not what unlocks you had. Now, people that have been playing for a while, or use cheats/hacks/trainers to instantly rank up and unlock everything have a distinct advantage over players that are new to the game.

One hour after Homefront released there were numerous players maxed at level 75, which gave them every weapon, attachment, and perk avalible, which in turn negated the balance of play. I made the mistake of pre-ordering it, and in my 1st game on release day, out of 16 players, 4 of them were level 75, by the next day it was about half and half.

#19 the1stwasted, Feb 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2012
  20. DesertRanger

DesertRanger New Member

Game modes:
    Survival of the fittest- kill the guy that has the extra filter and if someone else killed him/her then kill that guy.
    Saviors/Raiders-like rush except the raiders have to hold an area to take it(the back story to the game mode is that the defenders are holding their lines from the bad guys for their station).

"Abilities"-Do not mistake these for perks like cod their more like "realistic attachments" like having a sneaking suit will help you sneak better and comes with NV goggles but comes with less stopping power while armor piercing rounds can take down someone with normal or heavy armor with one less bullet, but it makes the gun louder and the flash bigger as well as having one less clip.