Necromancer Minions permemamt?

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2 - Profession Discussion' started by lolwut, Dec 31, 2011.

1. lolwut

lolwut Well-Known Member

So i haven't looked too much into this yet, will Necromancers have permanent pets that follow your around? Sort of like warlock in WoW or necromancer in EQ. Or will it be the same as the original GW where they are only temporarily

1 person likes this.
  2. FatCheeseMan

FatCheeseMan Active Member

Temporary would be my guess. I only say guess because it is of course subject to change. No gameplay has shown them as permanent.

3. Unknown

Unknown GW2PC Mod - Forever Unknown

Yep it doesn't look like it'll be permanent, i honestly haven't looked into this much either if anyone knows feel free to shed some light.

4. Aleister

Aleister Member

They are permanent. If you want some more info on what minions will be available and what they do check out the wiki page.

5. Brains

Brains Well-Known Member

So they are changing pets to be permanent from the previous GW? interesting

6. Aleister

Aleister Member

Yup, and this is all very old news, about a year and a half I think. There are numerous people posting regular videos on youtube with tons of information on all aspects of the game. Some of the better ones I've seen include getbonkd, bogotter and alexrediculous. Watching any of these users videos will catch you up on most aspects of the game.

1 person likes this.
  7. Brains

Brains Well-Known Member

lol i'm pretty up to date but i never looked into minions. Thanks.

8. Xerran

Xerran Senior Member

Omg you guys started a necro thread without me!? Seriously though, minions are permanent. Instead of using dead bodies, the necro has a set number of minions to summon. Traits increase the amount by one (for each summon type). We all know what traits I'll be spamming at launch.

9. lolwut

lolwut Well-Known Member

So you can end up having 20 minions following you around permanently.... lolwut

10. Xerran

Xerran Senior Member

Well, you can only have 3 minions to equip. Remember, 5 are weapon skills, 1 is heal skill, 1 Elite, and 3 "other". So it'll be more like 7-8 perma...

-edit- Well, Bloodfiend is a heal skill type, so around 10 then... not so bad seeing that in GW1 a minion master could maintain 12+ pretty easily, plus you're devoting all your traits to this.

11. lolwut

lolwut Well-Known Member

Is any of the minions huge? like an infernal from WoW, i disliked the pets in GW1 because of how pathetic/small they were. I tried looking around but can't find any pictures.

12. Xerran

Xerran Senior Member

Sadly no, in fact the minions look just as bizarre and strange as GW1. Now I am predicting that there'll probably be an elite summon skill that makes a large flesh golem (like in GW1 expansions).

1 person likes this.
  13. Aleister

Aleister Member

They have said there is an elite minion skills, it just hasn't been seen in any of the released game footage yet.

1 person likes this.
  14. lolwut

lolwut Well-Known Member

so the elite minion will also be permanent then i assume

15. Im Healin You

Im Healin You Member

Well pets have always been permanent in GW, using the ranger class anyway until you changed your secondary from a ranger or took charm animal off then the pet would disappear :)

I presume minions will be permanent until they a slain and then you would have to summon more from another corpse unlike those in GW1 where they gradually lost health unless you healed them :)

16. Persian

Persian Well-Known Member

Man I disliked that so much, that is the ONLY reason I refuuseeed to play a necro. Going to take a closer look now at the necromancer..

17. Im Healin You

Im Healin You Member

Yeh it was always very irritating :/

You spent most of your time focusing on healing your minions rather than supporting your team or watching your health :p

18. Persian

Persian Well-Known Member

yeah, it drove me crazy that I had to heal them if they weren't being hurt by anything =_=

19. Xerran

Xerran Senior Member

Yeah, after months of playing my necro/monk minion support build, I decided to not care about my minions so much. I started to make more "fast army" builds where I can just make a huge army fast for a few battles, then remake em. It took off alot of stress from bothering to heal them, as they now just became literal 'meat shields' while my party and I laid waste to the opposition. They're also good for just soaking up the nasty "first fire" auto spells from certain mobs.

However, now that it looks like they're permanent, which means its back to my 'family of dozens' build. :cool:

20. Sabertree

Sabertree Member

Will there be any chance of skeletal minions ?