Minecraft communities falling apart

Discussion in 'Minecraft' started by stupidshashlmao, Jun 27, 2015.

1. stupidshashlmao

I've started playing minecraft in 2011 and I was having so much fun playing with people, meeting friends, skyping and making memories. More people started playing minecraft and it started getting worse and worse people using words such as "Kill yorself scrubz" and things like that. Now everyday i find myself not playing with anyone and i haven't made a new friend in a long time. People before used to have small servers and small communities where people would help each other, become friends and have a lot of fun. Now there are people that completely ruin minecaft in every aspect. Its getting out of control and its making people insane, quite literally. I'm starting to hate most people in the community. But if you are still a normal minecraft player, i really want to congratulate you.

2. tarverten

tarverten Well-Known Member

The community isn't becoming worse. It's simply becoming bigger. It becomes harder and harder to find people you genuinely connect with ad want to play with. The community has always been on more or less the same level. When something comes bigger, the crap just tends to overshine the creme.
    Most of the time because negative commenters tend to be louder then the positive ones. So a lot more negative comments about the community reach us, influencing the way we see it.

3. blastguardgear

blastguardgear Well-Known Member

This has a lot to do with MLG people all in all. Usually, that's the case. That's how things like numbers in words and 'Skrubz' originated.

4. shadowsupernature

shadowsupernature Active Member

It's not necessarily becoming worse, but it's becoming something else for two reasons.

1. Bigger Community

2. Younger Players

The community is expanding every day, thus making it harder to find these smaller community servers, also their are a lot of younger players joining the game, which are not exactly mature thus, giving the impression of a degrading community.

5. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjay Well-Known Member

Really, i disagree with some of you guys its not because of immature kids but i know for a fact that its more because of uneducated teenagers. Also maybe, yes the minecraft community is growing but its growing for the worse.

6. Totalarmordestine

Totalarmordestine Well-Known Member

Yeah lately I've had problems getting decent players to go on my server. Whenever I make an advertisement for it, usually results in griefers and spammers joining. Much more so than I remember back in Alpha and Beta.

7. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member
    Regular

You've just described all gaming communities. If you play in larger servers, then you're more likely to run into such players. Stick to the smaller servers, and you won't have as many problems. It's as simple as that.

8. Burt Povski

Burt Povski Well-Known Member

From what I notice, the game seems to be growing, not falling apart! Sure there are people leaving and all, but there's also tons of people joining as well. Minecraft is one of the biggest games out there right now!

9. SunnyArc

SunnyArc Member

The game is still growing but I understand what you mean about the lack of community nowadays I have been playing the game for years literally, I started playing just over a month after the game was released in the alpha version.

I feel like it seems the community is falling apart to you because it seems so spread out now you have 1000s of little communities playing now where as before there were around 100 or so big communities playing so it was easier to keep track of and still feel like a community of players you felt like you knew etc

10. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Meh, I got used to flamers and toxic people from League of Legends so I try and not care about people who are negative and ruin the game for other people.

11. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member
    Regular

The minecraft community is not actually getting worst it was getting bigger. My friends actually don't know minecraft until it became available on consoles. And also there are new younger ones playing this game.

12. Skuttie

Skuttie Well-Known Member
    Regular

It will probably continue to grow, if anything. Mods make the game even more deep and the game's already deep to begin with. Then there's streams and communities and stuff.

13. SecretlyTaco

SecretlyTaco Well-Known Member
    Regular

I know a lot of people don't want a nice community anymore. As the game gets more and more people joining, there are going to be a lot of people who just want easy rewards and don't really care how it happens. They have no interest in actually playing the game, which IMO defeats the purpose of it but each to their own a guess.

14. Shimus

Shimus Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, the community these days is pretty much the same no matter where you go. It expands, draws in younger people who in turn have no maturity level and who endlessly teabag you (yeah, on ANY game, you'll find THOSE people..)

But that doesn't mean worse. I've seen some 9 year old kids make a building so elaborate it puts grown adult work to shame, like virtual legos or k-nex without the cleanup or issue of stepping on random pieces. Now it's just digital, that's all. And because it's on the Xbox as well as PC and multiple different platforms, you have to factor those demographic markets in too. It just became a lot.. well, MORE, than it used to.

15. SecretlyTaco

SecretlyTaco Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yeah, but there are always the children that complain about how they're more mature than most people their age. I don't know how mature I am compared to people my age, because it doesn't matter. The problem is that a lot of servers now have age limits on the people that can join, and then they get a lot of complaints from 9 year olds that are clearly so mature that they care.

16. ProNine

ProNine Well-Known Member
    Regular

That doesn't really have to do a lot with minecraft, but rather, the players who join them. All you can do is either report to owners or just leave and find a better community.

17. flickerthestar

flickerthestar Well-Known Member
    Regular

Community hasn't changed at all. Everyone is either a nice guy or a dick. You are simply growing out of it if anything.

18. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Well-Known Member
    Regular

Exactly this. Every single game/TV show/movie series/book series which becomes big and popular will start to grow rotten apples. I think it's a natural process, and having trolls and griefers in your game means that you've made it big.

Don't worry, OP, it's only natural. Try to find out a good community server and make friends there. Or invite your friends to private servers.

19. JohnBob22

JohnBob22 Well-Known Member
    Regular

This is true, and I agree. There used to be a lot of gaming communities into Minecraft and that's what created the stereotype "Minecraft kid," playing till 3 AM. Now that doesn't really exist and I kinda wish it did. :/ I'm not a kid, but I used to play Minecraft till 3 AM with my friends and I know what you're talking about.

20. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think this is common with most communities that gain popularity. I've witnessed a few communities grow and plateau and they all pretty much follow the same pattern. By now I'm so used to it that I don't even mind it anymore. If I don't find it fun anymore I'll move on or if I decide to stay then I'll have my fun regardless of how many trolls I come across.