Might have to check it out

Discussion in 'Everquest Next' started by Lord Kal, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Lord Kal

Lord Kal Member

I'm a big fan of Everquest and I still have not played Everquest Next. How much of a difference is it compared to the original Everquest game? I haven't played Everquest in a long time and I'm thinking about jumping into Next as soon as possible. Worth it?

2. wowtgp

wowtgp Well-Known Member

Well, Everquest 1, 2 and all the expansions is really well worth having. The only issue is, it's not totally F2P. You will have to spare some cash if you want to have all the fun. You won't be able to more forward in the game if you won't spare any cash.

3. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

I would defiantly recommend playing the game especially if you enjoyed games like Champions of Norrath it's been a long time since I played the game, but I remember I had a blast plying it when I was younger.

4. Zlyuka

Zlyuka Well-Known Member

Yes try it out, why not if it is free to play right now and restrictions aren't really THAT bad. If you will like the game you more than likely be glad to buy a subscription, if not then no big deal, nothing lost but some time playing :)

5. Rocketman

Rocketman Well-Known Member

I've heard that EQ: Next has a terraforming function where battles change the battlefield. Does this make the game significantly better/different than other MMOs or is it just kind of a useless gimmick?

6. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm still on the fence with this one. I don't really want to pay a subscription since I'm not the type to constantly play games everyday to justify the cost. Still, if it is reasonably priced and the gameplay is fun as well as being worth the money, then I'll consider looking into playing it.

7. Nytegeek

Nytegeek No namby pamby hand holding over FUD. EXTERMINATE!
    Regular

It hasn't been released yet. It is still being developed.