Metrowar RP - "The Church" Embassy

Discussion in 'Other' started by Warhawk, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Warhawk

Warhawk Well-Known Member

-
    -

[​IMG]

Name: "The Church"
    Gov't Type: Feudal Theocracy
    Leader: Father Superior Pyotr Makarovich Kornilov
    Start Position: Park Kul'tury-A (Renamed: "The Ark")

- Official Embassy thread: Post roleplaying stories related to diplomacy with The Church faction -

#1 Warhawk, Aug 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2015
  2. VSV

VSV Active Member

Do- do I need to post my message here instead?

3. Warhawk

Warhawk Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Turn 10) "The Ark"

BROTHER Stepan Stepanovich crossed himself and shuffled through the back of the congregation. He had stayed at the mass long enough not to wait for the final blessing; there was work to be done, and the Devil never slept.

It occurred to him, on his walk to the Father Superior's chamber, that a weekly mass of that kind was the closest thing people had to a luxury in this age. He had heard stories of the decaying society before the war, how going to church had become "bothersome," and attendance dwindled day after day. Was this, too, a kind of divine irony?

His brow furrowed: No, that was almost blasphemous. There was nothing divine about it. Just a purely human failure.

The mass would be over within a few minutes, but until then the alleys of The Ark were almost deserted. Church attendance had gone from a chore to an escape from the daily struggle. At least whilst they sang hymns they could forget their empty bellies and bloody calluses. Only those with a significant reason for being absent would dare show their face in these empty halls.

A summons by the Father Superior was significant enough.

Truth be told, Stepan did not know much about the man. Inspirational, to be sure, a shepherd in the darkness, practically a saint… but as a man? Reclusive, perhaps tortured with the awesome responsibility he shouldered. Father Kornilov’s face was one of permanent anguish, and one could never tell if it came from his arthritis or from the depths of his soul.

Stepan had been summoned by name, likely at the behest of his commanding officer. The “Pilgrims,” as they were called, had proven invaluable in retrieving supplies from the tortured world above. He had to remind himself that it was the unit’s fame that preceded his own, since now was certainly not the time to let pride get in the way.

It was sometimes difficult to distinguish between a border guard and a holy man, but nevertheless it was a considerably well equipped monk who opened the door for him. Stepan stepped into the candle-lit room and bowed his head.

“Bless me, Father for I-“

“God knows you need forgiveness, my son,” the hunched man replied, “There’s no sense wasting your breath with so much to do.”

Stepan looked up and nearly flinched. It was clear that Father Kornilov was trying to lighten the mood, yet his face belied such humor. Had he been a joker in the past? Nobody would believe it now, such was his reputation.

“Yes, Father.”

“Sit down,” the priest said with a slight flick of his hand, beckoning him towards the simple wooden chair before a glorified crate that served as a table.

Stepan took his seat promptly and sat upright, every sense turned towards this mysterious, and tragic, figure hunched over his papers.

“You know there are more out there,” the priest began.

“More, Father?”

“People, my son. Human beings.”

“Well,” the young stalker replied, “I’ve heard stories that there are traders from beyond the Arbat clique, yes...”

“Stories?” Father Kornilov continued, “Is it really so hard to believe that there are yet more creatures bearing the likeness of God in this blasted earth? We have fallen in so many ways, my son, but we are not yet extinct.”

“Yes, Father.”

“Meet them,” the priest said, suddenly looking up with a fierce expression, “Do more than meet them. Learn about them. Live with them. If they have wisdom, gather it. If they have hearts, convince them…”

“And if they are evil, Father?” Stepan started before biting his lip at such an interruption.

Father Kornilov shrugged.

“I have no reason to believe that the evil shall inherit this world… There is not enough left to inherit. If they are evil, bring this knowledge back to us, and we shall deal with them accordingly.”

“But Father,” Stepan began meekly, “Why me? Surely a priest, a proper brother, or even a soldier could…”

“Why indeed, Peter?” Kornilov replied, punctuated with a forced chortle, “Because you are skilled. Because you are young. The men of this world do not accept God, of this make no mistake. They will underestimate you due to your age. They will assume you are simple-minded, impressionable… They do not reckon with the spirit. If you require force, you have your weapons and skills. If you require duplicity, you have your youth and your supposed ignorance. There are many who could go, yes, but you represent us best, my boy. And you’ll know what to do when the time comes to act.”

“So much faith…”

“So little!” Kornilov nearly shouted. “You have gifts. How many have seen what you have on the surface and lived to speak of it? Use them for the glory of God, in the name of our Lord, Jesus Christ.”

Stepan’s mouth worked without words to use. There were too many questions, too many dangers, and yet for all of that he was being told to move mountains…

… But if he had faith as but a mustard seed…

Stepan stood and made a slight bow with his head.

“I understand, Father. I will go at once to the Arbat clique and follow their traders towards the central stations.”

Kornilov paused for a moment, sighed, and dropped his head back down to his work.

“Go in peace, my son. May the Lord light your way.”

Stepan left the chamber slowly, deliberately. But with every step he took, his chest expanded and before long he was nearly skipping.

There was nothing better than a holy mission.

#3 Warhawk, Aug 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2015
  4. VSV

VSV Active Member

The Father looked back towards the letter he had received, sitting on the crate next to him. Multiple pages sat loosely gathered, still furled from travel. Marked with a crudely drawn, "M", with a faint scent of sulfur, they read as follows:

"I address this to the commanding officer of the unified faction known as, "The Church."

It seems that we are at an impasse on the nearby station between our units, Kievskaya-C. This station is noteworthy for its stores of food processing and production. I don't need to state the importance of such a resource to either one of us, when most of us are scavenging what scraps we can or growing fledgling crops in these cramped tunnels.

However, they are unlikely to surrender to annexation when enclosed on either side like this. Which leaves only military domination as an option for liberating the food stores, a messy and costly operation.

For ourselves, our only options are either to clear out the neutral station, or to clear out a massive mutant nest at the heart of Polis. Our only means to expand our supply lines and secure our ability to survive in these tunnels is through military force, and Kievskaya is both closer and less dangerous.

But doing so would leave you effectively trapped, and that's if we even managed to mount such an attack before you were to do the same. We also see a great value in allying ourselves with you, and believe that this will be a good means of securing a partnership.

Here are our terms.

We will withdraw pressure from Kievskaya-C and allow you to annex them peacefully with no interference, and instead attempt to clear out Polis for our source of food.

In return, we ask for you to send scouts to chart out the contents of Smolenskaya-1. If we are to undertake the task of clearing out Polis Station, we want to know what monsters are hiding in its closets. It should be a relatively simple mission, we expect no casualties to be sustained.

Once the station is scouted, we will fulfill our bargain as well. We will also agree to an alliance and open trading borders between our lines, if you would be willing. While we don't have anything of note to trade right now, we stand only to gain from our mutual cooperation.

We hope that you consider our terms, and look forward to your reply.

Signed,
    Colonel Miller"