METRO2033 Epic Fails..!

Discussion in 'Metro 2033 Forums' started by KLMKsunbunny, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

After two playthroughs on the two different Ranger Modes, I simply can't get used to the game with a crosshair. It just completely breaks the immersion for me and now I have to play without a crosshair. :lol:

2. VanillaToshi

VanillaToshi Well-Known Member

I just prefer realism so having the crosshair on is like my version of hell. I got Ranger hardcore after like 1 or 2 playthroughs, first on normal then Hardcore, then Ranger hardcore, never bothered with Ranger easy. Ever since then Ranger hardcore has been the only difficulty for me and i've played Metro ALOT.

3. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Yeah, same for me. I hope they ramp up the difficulty for Last Light even higher.

4. stevetheranger

stevetheranger Well-Known Member

i just got and xbox and 2033 and i got to say danm good game im going to try a ranger hardcore run soon as i beat it on normal

5. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Trust me - if you like immersion and challenge - then you will love Ranger Hardcore. :)

6. stevetheranger

stevetheranger Well-Known Member

norma kicks my rear end ranger hardcore will as well but i like hard games it adds to the fun

7. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Good to hear that - games have been getting easier & easier in the past decade and I'm really glad that there are still quite a few people out there who enjoy the difficulty of old. :)

8. Skaara Dreadlocks

OH! I just remembered! I managed to get to a checkpoint at frontline, and just as the checkpoint was loaded, I managed to fall off the railway and die when hitting the bottom. Then, when I respawned, I respawned JUST at the point when sliding off the edge, and died again. This repeatedly happened like twenty times or so before I finally managed to run and jump at a perfect combination to the left, just good enough to get myself up from the platform. Then I died by getting shot too much, and had to repeat the same thing over and over until I finally managed to do it again, haha.

9. Cheaptricks

Cheaptricks Well-Known Member

Laughing so hard at this Vanilla. :laugh::laugh:

My knife-only run...lol!

10. VanillaToshi

:D ^

:O Where were you when I made a thread about that! ahaha :')
    Everyone was like nope it's too hard and the stealth sucks and I was just like wtf there's nothing wrong with the stealth! Well I haven't had any problems with it anyway. :laugh:

11. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I agree and this is something that many people found annoying about the game, but I thought the stealth was fantastic. :eek:hwell: Glad to see that I'm not the only one to think this. :)

12. TheDarknessEnvelops

TheDarknessEnvelops Lion Triumphant

and not the green orb things?!?!?!? :)

13. VanillaToshi

I'm guessing you mean the amoeba you encounter on the D6 level?

They're easy to defeat, I usually let Miller run ahead (They don't seem to spawn until you're near them) and then shoot the pores that they spawn from as you run around meaning you have to deal with very few of them. I recommend reserving a lot of ammo for one weapon so you have enough to deal with them. Magnum, shotguns and any assault rifle will do the job. I personally recommend an assault rifle though because they're powerful, accurate, quick to reload and the ammo is easy to obtain.

14. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I usually fire all the military grade rounds I have left at them and get through it quite easily, using the same tactic that Toshi does. :)

15. Skaara Dreadlocks

I'd be surprised if anyone managed to do this :p :
    [YOUTUBE]pzKMRK2bJwU[/YOUTUBE]
    (No need to listen to all the russian chit-chat, you can just skip that. It's the beginning of the video & the end of it which makes me laugh :lol:

16. I Hate Lurkers

I Hate Lurkers Well-Known Member

First time I ever died in Metro 2033. It was from falling into a Lurker hole. Needless to say, this was the beginning of my haterd.

17. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

I've fallen off ramps, run out of gasmasks, killed by amoeba, been fooled by Nikki, all the usual. My worst problem these days is accidentally switching to military rounds.. Combined with the one glitch I know in the Xbox 360 version where the gun fires by itself (as if I'm holding down the trigger).. Seeing all my money blown away.. -_- Hahaha!

18. Crossing

Crossing Well-Known Member

I repeatedly fell down the first one you encounter, because I thought it was a way you could go. After the 3rd or 4th death, I got it.

19. Eragon20

Eragon20 Member

I always keep on shooting the dead bodies of mutants after their graceful-flying-death.