Metro2033 Better Than Far Cry 3

Discussion in 'Metro 2033 Forums' started by Amensis, Dec 23, 2012.

1. Amensis

Amensis Member

i know it's insane but Metro2033 is the best game i played this year, i enjoyed it far more than, Far cry 3,AC3 and most of the other Mainstream,Triple A titles this year.

That tells alot about the game, when its so full of bugs and glitches and annyoing things like the librarians.

2. VanillaToshi

VanillaToshi Well-Known Member

Librarians? Bitch please, Lurkers are the ones you wanna watch out for. :laugh:

It's definitely my favourite game too :D I do want to get Far Cry 3 though.

3. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I'm not surprised. Far Cry 3 looks awesome (though I haven't played it yet), but Metro 2033 is much more unique and more appealing to my gaming tastes personally. It's one of my favourite games of all time, if not THE favourite. :D

4. VietnamVeteran

I loved Far Cry 3... A lot. One of my favorite game. But Metro 2033 is awesome in a different way and the story and music is way better. Far Cry 3 contained too much dub-stop, and Vaas one of the main reasons everyone brought the game, including me. But he died really early. On the first Island. Metro 2033 is the best.

5. RedJacketMan

RedJacketMan Well-Known Member

The story in M2033 is a lot better. I've heard a bunch of complaints about the story of FC3 being racist, and I can see why. It also seems like it has a lot more substance. I don't think Vaas died early though.

I think that M2033 is better than a lot of games because you feel a sense of fear at times. An example would be with Lurkers or Librarians. At a certain point in FC3, you have enough firepower (your inventory increases via hunting and stuff) where you no longer feel afraid, even though you're mostly on you own.

6. GoodLordApollo

GoodLordApollo The Courier

I don't see any way how it is racist and I don't understand why everyone hated the second island. I loved flying around in my wing glider

7. Pip314

Pip314 Well-Known Member

I agree. There is a difference between stereotypes and racism. If Far Cry 3 was claimed racist because of the fact that there were natives who had off accents and tattoos, then the same could be said for Metro 2033 - racist in the aspect that there are Russians drinking vodka. Just trying to play devil's advocate, especially because everyone seems so sensitive over the tiniest shit these days.

Like I said, there is a difference between racism and stereotypes. One is accidental, unintended and sometimes misinterpreted, while the other is done with malicious intent. Think about it.

8. RedJacketMan

I know, I know, and I agree. I am just referring to reviews I read, like the one on Kotaku. They basically thought that it played into the White Savior trope (white guy comes in, joins their culture, becomes the leader, and save the helpless natives), or the Noble Savage (the natives have mystical powers). I just mean I can see how they could think that. I like to think of the game in a different light, though.

I don't see how anyone could hate the second island. More open, and feels smaller, but c'mon, you basically carry a hang-glider everywhere, so its awesome!

9. TheDarknessEnvelops

TheDarknessEnvelops Lion Triumphant

I don't think you can really compare them, one is a horror/atmospheric game while far cry 3 is an rpg of sorts, they're not really comparable, you can say which is your favourite but you can't compare them, you can compare cod and medal honour because they're basically the same game but not far cry 3 and metro

10. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Guys, can we please keep spoilers in spoiler tags? Some of us here haven't played Far Cry 3 and I just had quite a large part of the story spoiled for me. I would appreciate it if everyone could go back & edit the posts which mention this so that others don't get the same nasty surprise when reading this. :p

11. GoodLordApollo

GoodLordApollo The Courier

I don't see any spoilers?

12. RedJacketMan

Sorry about that.