Metro: Wars

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Commissar_Jimbo, Dec 19, 2015.

1. Commissar_Jimbo

Commissar_Jimbo Well-Known Member

You eyes dont decieve you- there is indeed another Metro game here to bless us with its awesome stature...
    But, there is a single problem.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tapstargames.metro2033
    Its a goddamn Mobile-Game.

Now, of course, I am not instantly going to flip the table and declare that this is the final nail in a overall brilliant franchise as I have not actually played the app- but, from the looks of the actual screenshots and such I can easily tell this was not designed in the real viewpoint of the Metro Series.

To be begin with: the graphics are incredibly lackluster and have absolutely no real relation to the original game, putting this more cartoonish action-man style of uniform over realistic clothing and armour in a freezing-cold environment, the first girl you see's armour is completely lacking and tarted up.
    [​IMG]

I cannot give me opinion on how the "game" actually is as I refuse to buy it- but if any of you do decide to add this to your collection, please inform the rest of us.

I must admit though, the selling-points:
    - Classic Turn-based, highly strategic battles, with a wide variety of tactics and special attacks
    - Open World game play, with detailed, story-driven goals to guide you
    - 189 metro stations that you can trade, battle or inhabit, if you wish
    - 25 types of mercenaries with individual combat abilities to construct battle-ready Squads with
    - 24 different Factions to either battle or establish diplomatic relations with
    - 20 different building options to manage your resources and keep your clan alive

Are actually fairly attractive- but I do not trust Mobile Games at all, and sure as hell refuse to take THERE word for anything.

2. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

This has actually been out for a while now, especially the Russian version, and a Polish translation was released too. But I never posted about it on here (I may have mentioned it once or twice in the Skype chat) for the same reasons why you haven't played it - it's a mobile game and it doesn't look like anything from the Metro 2033 franchise, so I never found it interesting enough to try out.

3. Jul 'Mdama

Jul 'Mdama Member
    Regular

I got excited for a second, then I read the full thing, and my heart sunk.

4. nomotog

nomotog Member

It doesn't look good, but I admit I just judging on looks. The art style doesn't seem to fit and I would have advised them not to try to do 3d on a phone. It sounds good though. I would like to see the setting from a different gameplay view. Like If we could get an RPG set in metro, I would love it.

5. Jul 'Mdama

Jul 'Mdama Member
    Regular

Does this have a good story at least?