Metro Redux Thoughts/Discussion

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by Potarto, Aug 26, 2014.

1. N3xus

N3xus Well-Known Member

Librarians were a pain for me, in the old 2033 I managed to go through by just looking at them but I later found out I have to go back to avoid them attacking me, even by looking at their eyes they still attacked me. Had to rush through both library levels to finish the mission.

2. Hazard

Hazard Member

I was under the impression that 2033 Redux would receive all Last Light weapons, but so far I've only seen the Bigun and Flamethrower, both on Survival Hardcore. I believe AKS-74U is still Ranger-mode exclusive, but what about the rest of the guns? Only on Spartan, or completely absent from 2033?

3. Derrame

Derrame Well-Known Member
    Regular

i completed 2033 redux on spartan normal, the aks 74u, (modified assault rifle) is ranger mode only, the hellbreath is on sale by the merchants, the rpk on sale too, the flamethrower you find it later on the campaign
    the abzats doesn't appear at all

4. SpartanKobe

SpartanKobe Member
    Regular

The Abzats appear in Sparta. The guy that gives you guns there has it. I actually haven't seen the RPK. Maybe I missed it. :p

#64 SpartanKobe, Aug 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2014
  5. Chimera Knight

Chimera Knight Well-Known Member

I'll have to try that. I didn't have a silenced weapon with me when I went through the area and the Hellsing arrows wouldn't knock it out, I was walking up behind it and then using the knife to destroy it, they didn't like that.

6. Derrame

Regular

you're right, the Abzats appears in Sparta, for free :)

7. SpartanKobe

SpartanKobe Member
    Regular

Have any of you noticed that the laser sight for the VSV and the crosshairs for the scope are misaligned? Is that intentional or is it a bug?

Can someone else help confirm this?

8. Derrame

Regular

in both games?

9. It's not supposed to be aligned since the laser isn't emitted from the middle of the scope. It's also a sniper rifle, unlike most other firearms that are probably zeroed for close range targets.

[​IMG]

10. Xombie37

Xombie37 New Member

Is anyone having issues with Last Light crashing on PS4?

I played part way through the mission Revolution yesterday, hit a save checkpoint, then exited. I booted it back up today, selected Continue from the menu, seen it load to 88%, then watched it crash to desktop. I tried at least a half dozen times, only to see it crash every time.

I can't play the game now until a patch is released, or I could just try to start the chapter over I suppose.

Edit: the error code I continued to receive was indeed the dreaded CE-34878-0, which is the save corruption error. Luckily, I was able to just restart the mission as it seems it was only the auto-save that was corrupted. Unfortunate, as I've lost a few hours, but far better than starting from scratch. Anyway, hopefully no one else receives that awful error.

#70 Xombie37, Aug 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2014
  11. Garwinski

Garwinski Member

Did anyone else notice that you can now use Advanced Physx without a Nvidia card and still get smooth frames? I can enable Advanced Physx while having everything set to very high and get smooth 60 fps on my AMD 7990 GPU. The bouncing particles and accumulating dust from bullet impacts immediately caught my eye.

With the non redux versions of both games I got an extreme drop in performance and consistency of the frames (drops to 15 fps) after a few seconds with Advanced Physx enabled. Am I just imagining things? Did 4A drop the Proprietary Nvidia stuff and optimized Advanced Physx for the CPU?

12. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I've finished a survival mode ranger hardcore playthrough of Metro 2033 Redux and my impressions are overall quite positive. I'm not going to write up a whole review, just some basic stuff. It is still very much the same game, but it's of course much prettier and a few levels are expanded with some small new areas (especially Dead City). A number of gameplay features from Last Light appear, however you already know about these. Only negatives that I can think of are: texture flickering issues, various other glitches (twice I saw NPCs standing on or inside a chair instead of sitting), occasional bugs - though fortunately not game breaking ones - and some noticeable low resolution textures in a few areas.

Interesting... I didn't even bother trying advanced PhysX on Redux with my AMD GPU, since I remember how much it affected my fps in non-redux M33 and LL. I'll give it a go with the benchmarking application and let you know how it fares.

13. Derrame

Regular

yes, this redux versions are good optimized,
    but what processor do you have? and how much RAM? that's important for the performance

im having very bad performance with nvidia gtx580

14. Ravinoff

Ravinoff New Member

Huh, really? I noticed the opposite, in Redux it seems like staring them down works a lot better. They're a lot tougher in Redux, too, it takes close to a full mag from an overpressured Tikhar to drop one (and I missed grabbing a Helsing, for which I'm still kicking myself). I managed to get through the Library without killing any, in fact the demons and watchmen on the approach gave me more trouble. The plant gave me a few good slaps, though.

Anyways, the other thing (that I registered to post, actually): has anyone else picked up on the fact that it's essentially confirmed that Lurkers are juvenile Watchmen as so many people speculated? Or to be more specific, the Lurker model used in the original version of 2033 with the pinkish skin and jowls are found with a "mother" Watchman during Dead City. It stood out to me since they changed the rest of the Lurkers to the weirder-looking Last Light model that I can't pick any sense out of.

If you're looking to find them for yourself (it's a lot easier to see them live than in screenshots), go through Dead City until you pass the playground with the vision and come out in a ruined store. The spot you want is across the street from there, but since the street is broken open and has a small river flowing under it, you have to take a detour down the road and through a collapsed underpass. You're on the right path when you come back to the surface behind a demon eating a dead stalker. Deal with the demon however you want, and turn around, towards a van parked on the corner, then head down that side of the street (around the corner from where the demon was). Look across the road crevasse, you're opposite the storefront where you came in now. Then just duck through the broken window and go around to the alcove in the back room. There's a stash there that counts for the achievement, but getting it loses you a moral point for killing the mother (otherwise she won't be hostile).

15. Derrame

Regular

Where is the "mother" watchman in Dead City? is it in 2033 or LL?

16. Ravinoff

Ravinoff New Member

2033, during the Dead City level while you're separated from Burbon. I described how to get there in detail a few posts up.

17. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Yep, according to the benchmark, I am getting similar results to Garwinski (only half a frame-per-second drop with advanced PhysX on). It's a shame 4A/THQ were bribed by Nvidia during the original release of M33. Still, better late than never, but once again things like these could have been included in a patch.

When I was playing M33R, my brother entered my room at the exact same moment and we both laughed at the face this guy pulled. :lol:

18. Garwinski

Garwinski Member

After my previous post about performance improvements in some departments, I reached Dead City in Metro 2033 Redux. In this section, my drops to around 20-30 fps, while both my GPU's have a load of around 40%, all 8 cores of my CPU get a load between 20-50%, and my RAM is not full at all (a total of 16GB while around 8 GB is being used). Putting the settings from very high to high does not help, and I actually was not planning on putting any more settings down, as there is no clear bottleneck anyway (at least that I can see). Anyone encountered this as well?

19. Ravinoff

Ravinoff New Member

Random thought: do any of you guys complaining about performance issues have SSAA turned on/up? I'm on a GTX770 with 8GB RAM and a Core i5-3570, and the only thing that starts giving me problems with stuttering and framerate drop is if I turn SSAA up past 0.5x. And while you really can't be objective when talking about graphical quality, I think the game looks far better with SSAA minimized or off, having it on makes everything look smeary and ugly. Which I suspect is why someone was criticizing the textures for being bad after watching the PC Gamer comparison video, they were running everything maxed out (as you would when you're playing around with their Large Pixel Collider rig, which has 64GB RAM and quad-SLI GTX Titans).