Metro Redux announced

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by Professor Pew, May 22, 2014.

1. Heavygunner

Heavygunner Well-Known Member
    Regular

More Metro videos on your channel are always good for me, since they are the main reason for subbing you. So make moar of them ASAP:director:
    :D

2. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Ouch.

3. Pip314

Pip314 Well-Known Member

I wonder if they will give 2033 the quick-key knife command, taking away the weapon slot in doing so.

4. The takedowns are confirmed (It was in the trailer), so I would assume so.

5. DarkOne

DarkOne Well-Known Member

That would suck I found it satisfying using it against Nosalises when low on ammo.

6. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

Well, pacifist runs won't really be affected much in terms of actual gameplay, other than the fact that now you can just knock people out in 2033 (though you got through it just fine without needing to anyways from what I remember). And stealth will basically just be the same with less bullets in Last Light Survival.

7. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Looking gorgeous there.

8. [YOUTUBE]E7CDJIzc7BE[/YOUTUBE]

9. We finally get a chance to climb out of the Borovitskaya station on foot, maybe they will let us explore Polis a bit more than in the first game this time around.

[​IMG]

10. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

Ah polis (looks nostalgic) i rerember how my frames dropped from 6-7fps throughout the game to under 2 :) atleast i will be able to play it through on da PS4 now (gotta buy a PS4 first)

I wonder if it is 30fps console or 60?

11. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Sounds really good, I'm glad they're expanding it.

12. 1080p, 60FPS on PS4.

13. Potarto

Cool to see they're opening it up. And I didn't realize it was 1080p on PS4, figured it was gonna be a typical 900p PS4/792p or 720p Xbone affair.

14. I just love that a boxed version is essentially twice as expensive as a digital one. I know there are some users here that prefer to own a tangible physical copy of the game a piece of plastic with a CD-key on a sticker for a game that they will end up downloading, even if only partially.

If you end up doing that though, I approve of the dedication. It's stupid and I will poke fun at it, but I respect that :)

15. Potarto

Each individual download is $25 USD, the boxed edition is $50. What am I missing.

16. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I was going to do that, but I changed my mind a day after the announcement. I don't have enough money to shell out on stuff like that.

I think Komo had the discount for previous owners in mind, which covers most of the forum's active users. The discount works only if you pre-order the digital versions and has no effect on the boxed edition I believe. Anyway, I personally still think they should both come as free updates (or free separate downloads, especially in the case of M2033 which is rebuilt on the new engine). The fact that they come with all the DLC and stuff is nice, but it's not enough to pay money for people who already have everything.

#57 Bamul, May 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2014
  17. Potarto

Ah. Well, I think 2033's definitely worth the money, especially for half price, it's just Last Light that's kind of less appealing for existing fans of the series who already own everything.

18. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Definitely.

19. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

Oh, uhhhh....That's me :peep:
    Doesn't matter though. I always wait for a game to go down in price to $15 (~11 €) (~8.95 £) or less before getting it; unless it's an old, difficult to get PC game.