Metro Redux announced

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by Professor Pew, May 22, 2014.

1. vitormaduro

vitormaduro Well-Known Member

I'm no expert, but I don't think you can change the game's engine with a patch...

2. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

Sorry I meant last light redux should have been.

3. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

True, but you can still release it for free for those who already own the game (unless you have a publisher behind your back). I keep coming back to CD Projekt as an example of awesome developers, and sure they deserve it since they have such gamer-friendly policies, but the reason why that's even possible is because they self-publish their games in Poland now and the companies they get to publish their games abroad have agreed to not interfere. If more developers would start becoming so independent, I'm sure we'd see more cases of "good guy" devs that release over 12 gigs worth of free updates for their game.

#23 Bamul, May 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2014
  4. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

(falls over) 12GB of updates!? was the game that broken or was it DLC stuff

5. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

lots of free dlc stuffz

6. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

There were fixes like you get in normal patches, but it was mostly enhancements and new DLC. Of course, it was gradual. You could say the Enhanced Editions of both Witcher games are basically their fully-updated versions with lots of new content... it's a bit like Metro Redux, but for free. Although the first game didn't get a new engine, it too got graphical improvements in the form of new animations, more character models, reduced loading times, etc.

Okay, now that I'm not as hyped for this, I've decided I will just get the discounted versions and that's it. I doubt the boxed bundle will come with any collector's edition stuff, so there's not much point in getting it over the digital versions if you own both games (I can't remember the last time I bought something that wasn't through Steam or GOG anyway). I used to really prefer boxed games and loved seeing my collection on a shelf, but now I don't see much point - they just take up space. :eek:hwell:

7. Pip314

Pip314 Well-Known Member

/excitement; /clap; /macro

8. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

9. 4A and Deep Silver were bashed for EXTRA FIVE DOLLARS and branded FILTHY CAPITALIST PIGS even by filthy capitalist pigs when it was THQs fault, so apparently they are the greedy guys, hands tied, you gotta fork out for the remakes.

:D

10. Heavygunner

Heavygunner Well-Known Member
    Regular

Wait, a Kommodo that uses the grining face? What's wrong with ya?:p

On a serious note, I'm OK with the way they go now and I will probably buy it. Even if the bayonets aren't usable...:sad:

11. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Yeah, I'm still getting both of them and I'm pleasantly surprised about the large discount we're getting. This Redux stuff is loads better than what most developers come up with - it's much more than just a "HD" re-release. Also, people who work at any of these companies are not capitalists... people who own these companies are. Regardless of how nice the company is towards its customers (be it CD Projekt and 4A or a nasty fucker like EA), the owner is a capitalist since he/she owns the means of production and employs others through wage labour. I know you meant "filthy capitalist pigs" ironically to refer to what angry gamers have called them, I'm just saying in case anyone doesn't realize. Too often people think that the word "capitalist" applies to supporters of capitalism or those who use draconian practices, when in reality it refers to a certain role that a small group plays in a class society.

#31 Bamul, May 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2014
  12. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

Will 4A release a video highlighting the differences in 2033 and LL Redux? I know you mentioned a few in the opening post but I want to see how much of an overhaul both games have received.

Thanks

Oh and is there a release date, or is "Summer" all we have to go by?

13. rintintin

rintintin New Member

hello, i just registred to told you that i'm very disapointed about the redux version of Last Light, without logic you've made a new game instead of providing a update for last light which is only a 1 year old game... i haven't even finished the game, and i need to rebuy it if i want to play on the latest version... i've also paid this season pass for nothing ?

this is a nonsense, and a mistake ! or maybe i miss some logic ?

thanks for your listening..

edit; i have no complaint have metro 2033 redux, i would like to replay this one with improved engine :D ...

#33 rintintin, May 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2014
  14. Skaara Dreadlocks

Just saw Metro Redux in Steam-news, I was like "BAAA! :D"

15. DarkOne

DarkOne Well-Known Member

Hope we don't see those large icons (from Last Light) when picking up stuff in 2033 Redux.

16. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

Any 3d improvements? Will there be Oculus support?

Rintintin I also am confused about Last light redux for PC. I hope Maurice can provide some explnation why it isn't a patch for PC.

17. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

I too am a bit curious as to what exactly Last Light Redux is bringing to existing players other than the new gametype. It's a great deal if you don't own the DLC, or even the game itself already, but there doesn't seem to be much else on table for players who already have that stuff.

18. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Good question.

19. The Last Ranger

Yup, seems that way. Thankfully, they are providing the option of just buying the digital copy of Metro 2033 Redux if you prefer.

20. You know what sucks? That I will have to do four more walkthroughs!

[​IMG]