Metro Redux announced

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by Professor Pew, May 22, 2014.

1. Professor Pew

Professor Pew Well-Known Member

Hey all!

Finally, details :)

Metro Redux will bundle Metro 2033 Redux and Metro: Last Light Redux for PC, PS4, and Xbox One.

Trailer:

[YOUTUBE]_AhRNaRr3PQ[/YOUTUBE]

Preview:

[YOUTUBE]E7CDJIzc7BE[/YOUTUBE]

Below is the full press release which contains all the specific details, but the TL;DR recap version:

- Metro Redux = Metro 2033 and Last Light for next-gen platforms (Xbox One, PS4, and PC)
    - Metro 2033 is remastered in the latest version of the 4A Engine, with new animations and everything
    - Survival (2033 style) and Spartan (Last Light style) modes to play either game a la Metro 2033 or Last Light
    - Ranger Mode and all DLC is included for free, and Ranger Mode works for both Survival and Spartan modes
    - You can buy each Redux version separately for half price on digital if you only want one of them. Steam-only: 50% off the Redux if you already own the original version, 25% off Metro Redux if you own either 2033 or Last Light

=========================================================
    RETURN TO POST-APOCALYPTIC MOSCOW, WITH METRO REDUX

Metro 2033 and Metro: Last Light re-mastered for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC; coming Summer 2014 at an incredible low price

4A Games and Deep Silver are bringing the iconic Metro series to the next generation. METRO REDUX features fully re-mastered and improved versions of both METRO 2033 and METRO: LAST LIGHT, creating the most compelling Metro experience ever.

With re-worked next-gen visuals, smooth 60FPS gameplay on console, as well as new and improved content and features, METRO REDUX is much more than a simple HD upgrade.

For the REDUX edition, Metro 2033 has been completely overhauled:

• The original game has been rebuilt in the latest and greatest iteration of the 4A Engine, bringing all the graphical and gameplay improvements from Last Light to Metro 2033 Redux
    • Enjoy completely re-mastered visuals: advanced lighting, dynamic weather, more detailed characters with improved animation, more dynamic destruction and improved smoke, fire and particle effects
    • Experience radically improved gameplay: advanced enemy AI, improved combat and stealth mechanics, superior weapon handling and more responsive, intuitive controls plus signature features from Last Light such as the atmospheric ‘mask wipe’ mechanic, weapon customization, and silent kills and takedowns

Metro: Last Light Redux has also received a graphical facelift and gameplay improvements that carry across both titles, including new melee animations, and the fan-requested ‘Check Watch’ and ‘Check Inventory’ features. It also includes all previously released Season Pass add-on content – a further 10 hours of single-player gameplay.
    With METRO REDUX, players now have the choice to experience both Metro games the way they want with the introduction of two unique ‘Play Styles.’

Those who favoured the more survival horror oriented gameplay of Metro 2033 can play both campaigns in the ‘Survival’ Play Style, a fraught slow-burn fight for survival with limited resources, deadlier enemy AI, and slower reload speeds. Those who enjoyed the more action oriented gameplay of Metro: Last Light can try the ‘Spartan’ Play Style, providing Artyom with a powerful set of combat skills and more plentiful resources.

In addition, the legendary Ranger Mode returns to both games, providing the most immersive and challenging experience as the HUD is stripped away and hardcore rules apply.

Upon release, Metro 2033 Redux and Metro: Last Light Redux will each be available separately as a digital download for Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and PC a suggested $24.99 / €19.99 / £15.99.

Alongside the digital release, a boxed compilation containing both games, titled METRO REDUX will be available at retail for a suggested $49.99 / €39.99 / £34.99.

Metro 2033 Redux, Metro: Last Light Redux and the compilation Metro Redux are scheduled for release this Summer for Xbox One, PlayStation, and Windows PC.

Dedicated Linux and SteamOS versions will also release later this year.

Metro Redux is based on the internationally bestselling novel METRO 2033 by Dmitry Glu-khovsky.

=======================================================

Not in this press release but for Steam owners of Metro 2033 and/or Metro: Last Light:

If you own Metro 2033 you get 50% off Metro 2033 Redux, 25% off the Metro Redux bundle.
    If you own Metro: Last Light you get 50% off Metro: Last Light Redux, 25% off the Metro Redux bundle.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

#1 Professor Pew, May 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2014
  2. Came here to say the same thing, fixed your post to include a video :)

3. Professor Pew

Professor Pew Well-Known Member

Thanks! I tried to embed it with the YT option but failed :)

4. Screenshots in HD. Added to the first post as well.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

5. DrDarcy

DrDarcy Well-Known Member

This is beautiful. Honestly, this is perfect. Such good value for money. If only I could afford a next gen console!

EDIT: Also quick question. Is Metro Redux available as a digital download? I'd guess for steam.

#5 DrDarcy, May 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2014
  6. Yes, it is. You get a 50% discount for the respective Redux game if you already own its predecessor in Steam and a 25% discount for the whole bundle.

If you own both you get a 50% discount for both.

7. Derrame

Derrame Well-Known Member
    Regular

this is awesome, 4a are genius, look forward to m2033 with all the new improvementes
    great news =)

qustion: will the system requirements be the same?

#7 Derrame, May 22, 2014
  8. Merged your doublepost.

They are the same as Metro Last Light.

9. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I was about to write the exact same three words, until I saw someone else post them. :lol:

#9 Bamul, May 22, 2014
  10. Heavygunner

Heavygunner Well-Known Member
    Regular

I saw something I like. There will be bayonets again!

11. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

I... wow. They really listened to a lot of the fan feedback. I was expecting this to be just a simple repack and HD upgrade for the next gen consoles, but this is much more. 2033 still runs like absolute shit on PC, while I can basically max out Last Light, so I'm pretty damn excited to be able to play a stable version. The gameplay changes are cool, too; I can finally get the original style of Ranger mode, and the newer version finally lets you check your inventory.

And actual gameplay tweaks as well? I liked the stealth aspect of 2033, but it was just unreliable and finicky as hell; having an enemy not die instantly alert every other enemy in the area was just obnoxious, and the sound design in general made it pretty confusing to figure out just exactly what the general alert level was. Last Light was obviously a bit easy, but hopefully we'll have a happy medium now.

Hope the bayonets are usable too.

Oh, and the freaking discount for owning previous games is brilliant, too. Sealed the deal for me, definitely gonna be picking this up.

12. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I will probably buy the discounted versions for my brother and then also get the boxed bundle for myself. This is one of the few game series that deserves this. Should be able to put some money to the side until they're out.

13. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

Actual Gameplay fixes? what madness is this

14. Only for NPCs. There are scopes on guns and it uses the MLL engine, so there won't be any usable bayonets.

15. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

This is amazing; I too will be getting this! Thanks, Professor Pew!:bowdown:

16. Skaara Dreadlocks

Hah! I got to know all this information a few hours before it was released!
    ...Not that that makes much difference, especially when I didn't actually see it until today, but hey.... It's cool :p

The graphicsgraphicsgraphics look amazing, and the discount deals are great! I didn't have any plans to pick this up, especially since my PC is barely good enough to run LL on minimum graphics, but with the new tweaking and performance, I'm hoping I can change that to medium, or at least run the game with more FPS. This really makes me want to play Metro all over again, so I think I'll buy Redux eventually :)

17. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

This could have been a patch for PC.

#17 majnu, May 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2014
  18. m1shooter2

m1shooter2 Well-Known Member

TBH I won't be getting it. I preferred the aesthetics of 2033 over LL, and I enjoy both their gameplay styles equally.

19. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Agreed. If this was CD Projekt, it would have been a free patch for the PC versions of both games. Maybe 4A Games would have done something similar, but Deep Silver owns the franchise so it's not that simple.

20. DarkOne

DarkOne Well-Known Member

I much preferred Metro 2033 over Last Light so I'm a bit apprehensive about the game getting gameplay changes from Last Light although to be fair the main reason I prefer 2033 is for the story and characters.