Metro Last Light Savegames?

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by Garwinski, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Garwinski

Garwinski Member

Hello people of the Metro forum,

I intended to play Metro Last Light again after some time and wanted to pick up where I left of.
    However, the savegames of Metro Last light are not in the steam cloud. I always thought this was a supported future, but just did not work (yet). Now when I started it again on a fresh install of my pc, still no savegames. I cant even find the future for cloud saving anymore, if it was there at all.

Now I have to start the beginning of the game all over again, and I have already done this so many times because of lost savegames.

Does anyone has savegames for me for Metro: Last Light, Ranger Hardcore? I can only find savegames on normal, and since you can't alter the difficulty further in the game, I do not want to use these because I only like Ranger Hardcore.

If asking for savegames is by any means against some sort of regulation on this forum, I am sorry. However, I could not find anything about this myself.

2. Skaara Dreadlocks

First of all, it's 'Feature', not 'Future' ;)
    I like that you took your time to search for the rules before posting this, even though we have no rule about this stuff. Good guy :)

Anyway, I wish i could help but I have no idea how to extract the save files from my folder. But I do have a Ranger Hardcore save, I believe..
    Also, may I ask why your saves keeps getting deleted?

3. Garwinski

Garwinski Member

Thanks for the reply Skaara Dreadlocks! The last year I have been busy building and after that re-fitting my pc. Almost all the parts are new and only one or two parts are of my original build which i started one and a half year ago. So now and then I had to reinstall my pc entirely because there where almost always problems popping up with compatibility, drivers etc so it was easier to just reinstall. I made a back up of the most important files, but sadly i did not include the savegames of Last Light in the backup :(

I will copy them to my external hard drive in the future, because when a friend is coming over and i want to show of one of the most graphic intensive games available now, I always have to start at the beginning, which isnt always that interesting graphics wise :p Although they should admire the story and admosphere as well of course!

When a (non-gamer)friend was coming over to drink some beers and just chill i showed him Metro 2033 from the beginning, and he was so amazed and blown away, we sat trough the entire night, playing trough the entire game! Never has this occurred with any other game i have shown. I would just show a game for maybe half an hour, and after that we would just go back to relaxing.
    This was an experience for me which made clear again that Metro is just a great game franchise! I just can not get enough of it! The atmosphere, the adventure, the grim setting(although this aspect slacked a little bit of in LL in my opinion), the GREAT graphics! It has it all!

But i am drifting off :p Savegames are located in Documents>4Agames>MetroLL>weirdrandomnumber.

And my English can be a bit lacking sometimes, it is not my native language, but thanks for the correction ;).

4. Skaara Dreadlocks

Ah, that was way too simple. I decided to open LL as well, to make sure the save is as it should be. The last time I played it, I completed it on Ranger Hardcore and haven't uninstalled it after that. But sadly, I have overwritten that by making a new save on easy, because I wanted to do the DLC stories on easy. There's no other way to play the DLC stories in easy, sadly. Stupid, I know.

Sooo, I don't have any save for you, man. Sorry :l