Metro: Last Light PhysX defaults to CPU

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion & Support' started by DeanV255, Apr 12, 2014.

1. DeanV255

DeanV255 New Member

Metro: Last Light PhysX defaults to CPU sadly when running, slaughtering the frames. I looked at a friends who has a 770 and his ran very smoothly that indicated that something was not correct on my side. So after some tweaking i realized i could see what the game was actually defaulting to so i ran the game a few times and its says "PhysX > CPU" i do have an image if needed, here is a list of what i did so i don't waste peoples time:

- Switched to Auto
    - Moved to 780Ti
    - Move to dedicated PhysX card 780
    - Re-installed PhysX
    - Checked that im on the latest Drivers for my cards

My system right now is:
    - GTX780Ti Classified
    - GTX780 PhysX dedicated
    - 8GB RAM

Hope someone can provide a fix as from what ive seen the game runs really well with PhysX when on a dedicated GPU and i've already played the game on my old HD6970 and i would be nice to sample some epic PhysX with my new set up. Also, Metro LL appears to be the only game this is happening to.

2. Skaara Dreadlocks

Tried disabling PhysX?

3. DeanV255

DeanV255 New Member

Disabling PhysX evidently will give me better FPS, but that's not the problem. But thank you for your suggestion. I have tried disabling and re-enabling it to see if it sparks some life into it however it still stays on CPU

4. DeanV255

DeanV255 New Member

Just posting to let everyone know its resolved. I spoke to a member of the Geforce team and he told me re-download my drivers and do it as a "Clean install" option when you click custom installation. Hope this helps anyone who might have the same issue.

5. Skaara Dreadlocks

Thank you for sharing the resolve with us, and thank you for coming here for help. We might not be the best people to ask about this stuff, but if there's ever anything you want to find out or discuss regarding Metro, or anything else for that matter, you're welcome to return anytime :)

6. JigMcGalliger

JigMcGalliger Active Member
    Regular

Be sure to check the nvidia control panel and see what it the physx processor is set to. You can also use the physx indicator in the control panel and see if it is running correctly.

7. Derrame

Derrame Well-Known Member
    Regular

gpu control panel, set to performance configuration

#7 Derrame, May 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2014
  8. chris89

chris89 Member

I couldn't even play the game in the end with Physx even installed because of crashes with the Pneumatic metal rod gun would crash the game the second i clicked shoot.

I ended up uninstalling physx and disabling it in game to play through.

What we need to do is determine the ideal driver for performance and none-crashing Physx driver...

Thanks